What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screwdriver magnetic

The seeker

Registered
Hi I’m looking to get a screwdriver not for Philips or flat heads but for bulb holder hexagon heads I have one that is the right size that you can fit different heads into bit the body itself isn’t magnetic - any pointers thanks

Hilmor nut drivers.

Not cheap but bloody brilliant. Red 1/4" most used (playfield hex screws), followed yellow 5/15" and green 11/32".

I have the RS components nut spinners - very good! Very deep. If you want to make yours magnetic, just find a decently strong magnet and stroke the magnet in one direction about 5 - 10 time - magnetised... :)

As Biff says use a strong magnet, or a length of wire wrapped around the shaft of the screwdriver bare the ends back touch one end of the wire on a car battery and the tip of the screw driver to the other post on the battery (hold the handle of the screw driver) only do this for a fraction of a second about 5 times.
Im sure there will be youtube vids on how to do this. Ive done it a few times works well.

I got a standard bit screwdriver from B&Q with extra long shaft. Then I put a neodymium 4mm magnet inside.
The long shift goes in-between the wires without snagging, and the extra powerful magnet means the screw doesn't fall off if it hits anything.
Costs about £12-15

Hilmor nut drivers.

Not cheap but bloody brilliant. Red 1/4" most used (playfield hex screws), followed yellow 5/15" and green 11/32".

I can 2nd these as the best ones out there I’ve had mine around 20yr and they my goto drivers when working on my pins and I would be at a loss without them.

Back
Top Bottom