What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratch Builds

stumblor

Site Supporter
Alias
Davey Price
Is this a new thing?

Scratch builds, for those that don't know, is building a machine from scratch. Ie, acquiring all the parts individually and assembling. It seems like a crazy thing to do on the face of it, and likely to cost double what the machine would eventually be worth, and yet it seems like more and more people are doing it.

I'm friends with some guys in Hungary, and we've both independently been approached by people for lamp boards sets for MM, Creech, and IJ.

Madness that certain parts you are never going to be able to get
Depends on what you want to achieve I suppose

That's it I guess. I (sort of) understand the hobby angle, ie attempting to do something purely for the challenge of it, but it seems like a helluva lot of work for something that would be easier achieved by a project refurb. It's not like most of these are super rare titles.

a full proper refurb i’d argue is almost as much work, but happens in a quicker timescale. i guess the sense of achievement must be right up there. but you ain’t never gonna sell it once youve built it

Back
Top Bottom