What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scorbit

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

I've ordered these for my games at DOMINO Arcade. They are devices that attach to the game and capture information about the scores and the game overall. You can then use them to input scores to tournament software or display the scores on a scoreboard for streaming or for folks to see! No more paper, no more scorekeeping. Now hopefully we will have tournaments again!

Cheers,
Neil.

Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 13.10.22.png
Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 13.10.58.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 13.10.17.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-04 at 13.10.17.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 41
Got an email from them this morning. Be interested to see what you think of them when installed.

Kinda wrote them off after looking at them in Texas last year but they are starting to firm up and looking like they might have some potential

At indisc they worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seems like they've made a massive investment to get this off the ground. Hardware, firmware, apple app, android app, website, support for all pinball machines ever, and then there's all the streaming support too. It's nuts.

It's a really great technical achievement, but still - I was slightly disappointed they've gone for a hardware + monthly subscription model. I had fancied picking up a few just to have them available for comps, but no chance I'd pay ongoing costs for the few times a year they'd get used. Glad you've gone for it though Neil. Interested in seeing how it plays out. Does it include tournament software, or is it just going to hook up to Matchplay/etc?

Yeah the subscription was a surprise to me also esp when you consider how much the initial outlay is - given location pinball and comps are in the bin right now they might have to think again on that. I know Jay from early internet days. Once I’ve got it up and running will do a video not working.

So DTM integrates with it and I think matchplay does now also.

How much are they? I don’t seem to be able to find a price without registering for an account. This could turn into the Kirby Vacuum saga...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes and a monthly subscription. Are they still working to the don’t remove it we’ll replace it for free option?

Looks really interesting, one thing I’m slightly confused on is the hardware, from the photos it looks to be a quite high end dev board looks pretty powerful (and probably expensive) with there custom pcb underneath interfacing with the machine. But if it’s only job is is grab data from the machine and send it over WiFi/Eth why such a powerful dev card? Far far cheaper boards can do the same job and would keep there hardware costs low. Ie price it at £99 and you would get far more interest. Or am I missing something this hardware does apart from score gathering / sending to a server?

I think its the fact the board supports all eras of games and game architectures. You can grab scores from an early SS all the way to the latest games (although not JJP I noted!).

They had at it INDISC on all the games and it worked really well, as someone finished and you had to put there score in, scorbit had grabbed the score and put it in already.

I guess but how much cpu power do you need to sniff a rom memory address or check some switches on a old EM (not quite sure how it grabs a new stern high score lol? Just ask the Linux cpu direct maybe lol?)

wonder if it is running some Linux stack or just running .c in a micro.

Very interesting though :)

But maybe you are having to grab a raster of the DMD and process it...

this is really exciting. the hardware is a bit pricy but not too silly (this is pinball after all) and hey it’s the only one on the market at present. if they can keep the monthly subscription low it should be a success.

I had been tinkering with the same idea

They say they are looking at EMs too. that would be exciting as it would give EMs things like high score to date, something a lot of folk want in an EM

will be keen to hear how Neil gets on with them

What’s the value for any game post EM game in a home environment? I think I’m missing the point. Or is it aimed at tournaments ?

You’ll be able to keep much more local high scores than just what’s on the game.

Hmm pretty clear to me

Reactions: Diw
I stand thoroughly corrected.

I’d not seen it on the platform page. I’d seen the cost of the Scorbitron lots of places but always with the *subscription required.

Waste of money just like toppers in my eyes... Adds nothing to the machine...

Stern will no doubt integrate this at some point

toppers in your eyes sounds painful :D and it won't help if stern do it with the previous 20 odd Stern games I own and the other 15 non-Stern games :D

When I'm running events at DOMINO Arcade - the scores will be entered automatically into Matchplay - worth it for that alone! Just need support for CGC and JJP - which I'm sure will come quickly now.

Neil.

If you are running comps and tournaments then as Neil said a massive help no more paper work and also eliminates possible cheats
Absolutely no need for this in a home environment
Can you just remove it and put it in another machine at any time neil

Had a quick look for seeing the costs for installing it at Special When Lit, 25 machines one off install at $200 each = $5000 converts to £3907, so four grand - yikes! o_O :oops: :rolleyes: :-o :tut: :cuckoo:

Then if you're deemed a collector $95 for the year subscription but if you're deemed an operator then it's a further $1797 or £1404 a year. Although you can be Operator with machines at home and they've got you covered with reasonable pricing for combined subscription plans...!

As they say on Dragon's Den, I'm out. <install grabbing coat smilie here>

The subscription route will likely put a lot of people off unfortunately.

If you were able to just make a one off purchase, and then switch them between machines easily they would be much more desirable.
I could envisage buying a dozen or so to then fit to machines used in comps I run (ran), but as the machines change and are donated by different people it's just unworkable in it's current format, which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom