What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schematics for WPC CPU and Power Driver boards

Ragnar1057

Site Supporter
Hi all,
This is my first post so I hope I'm in the right place. I've just bought an Addams Family pinball machine (a flashback to the machine I fell in love with in my youth). I'm an electronics engineer and I'm interested in doing some work on my machine when it arrives.

As such, I'd like to get a look at the schematic diagrams for the CPU board (A-12742-20017) and Power Driver board (A-12697-1). Can anyone point me at a copy? Happy to pay.

If anyone is interested, there are a couple of reasons for my interest: -
1) I'd like to change the incandescent bulbs to LED - but I'm a real geek and I know that just fitting LEDs is not best practice (yes, I know they will work, but they are not really intended to be driven this way). Also, I want to try to preserve the fade-up and fade-down you get with incandescent bulbs - fast on/off times doesn't seem right with such a wonderful and classic machine.
2) I'm nervous about old coils in machines - and I've heard of the drivers for the 'Power' magnets sticking on and causing heat damage. I'd like to prevent this happening (inline fuses will work of course, but I want to do something better).

As such, I plan on doing a more modern redesign of these boards for my machine - which is why I'd like to take a look at the schematics for the existing boards to see if I can do better. I have the operator's manual that shows the connections and driver circuits, but I'd like to see the whole thing.

I know that LED OCD do good LED and GI driver boards; and PinLED make a power driver board, but I'd like to make something myself - and hopefully put some useful features in there.

Can anyone point me at the schematic diagrams please?
Thanks

Thanks for this. I had a look at your website but I can only find the Addams Family operator's manual (which I already have).

I'm looking for the schematic diagrams for the boards that go into these machines - the boards are used within a number of machines, not just TAF. Do you have those diagrams somewhere (just in case I wasn't looking properly:eek:)?

Thanks.

Click the link....
Fantastic - thanks for this, it's just what I was looking for.

Knowing my past record, I'll design something that is really complex, never gets finished, and wouldn't work properly if I finished it - but I'll post updates anyway in case anyone is interested:).

Thanks again.

Regarding bulbs for Adams Family a straight swap for LEDs is possible without any issues and there are many flavours and varieties available for the desired effect you want. Checkout www.cometpinball.com they are the best but most expensive but you will find UK suppliers of comets and equivalents.

Back
Top Bottom