What's new

Sold Scared Stiff

JT.

Site Supporter
Putting my Scared Stiff up for sale.

This was formally @JMP's, so a few Northern people might already be familiar with it from previous league meets. Overall it's in great condition, the playfield is really nice, plastics all good and the cabinet is in excellent condition and no issues that I am aware of.

To be picky, there is a slight discolouration of the red text on the cabinet beneath the flipper buttons, the sticker over the crate is a worn, and I think that the spin spider hole has been slightly touched up at some point, but it's hidden under a ramp to the extent that I hadn't even realised until I took the photos today.

Pics below, £3k.

DSCF1259.jpg

DSCF1263.jpg

DSCF1249-2.jpg

DSCF1264.jpg

DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1266.jpg

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1257-2.jpg

DSCF1275.jpg

DSCF1250-2.jpg

DSCF1251-2.jpg

DSCF1252-2.jpg

DSCF1253.jpg

DSCF1277.jpg

DSCF1279.jpg

DSCF1280.jpg

DSCF1255.jpg

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1288.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1281.jpg
    DSCF1281.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 13
You'd struggle to find a nicer one than this. Don't forget the Pinball Pro speakers !
I have to say that although that is a nice looking machine, mine is much nicer, wonder what mine is worth ;-) and it is as far as I know the only SS released on Halloween date stamped 31st Oct :) happy days, that alone is another grand lol

:p

Sorry to say it again but there's no chance you're getting an extra £1000 out of your game because it was made on Halloween. I know you were after a straight trade for my AFM but a SS would need to be NIB to reach £4K imo

£3k seems to be about right these days, a bit less if it's ropey

I'm pretty sure a legit NIB SS would make at least $12k, probably more. Saying it would only be worth £4k is ridiculous.

A very nicely restored and modded SS (certainly not NIB or HEP / PB Dreams quality though) went for $7200 last night on Pinside.

£3k looks about right for this one, and it certainly sold quickly enough.

and any AFM remake won't be less than £4k, that's for sure.

Chance it is about that ($5750 at current rates) in the US .... Here, no chance for under £6500 ($9300).

Also I'll be interested to see when AFMr appears ... months ago it was meant to be pretty much done, and would debut ready to ship weeks later at TPF. A month on from that, things have gone completely silent.

I'm pretty sure a legit NIB SS would make at least $12k, probably more. Saying it would only be worth £4k is ridiculous.

A very nicely restored and modded SS (certainly not NIB or HEP / PB Dreams quality though) went for $7200 last night on Pinside.

£3k looks about right for this one, and it certainly sold quickly enough.

You cant equate UK prices to US prices though. Ive was seeing whitewaters go for $2k+ when they were £600 here

I was exaggerating for dramatic effect anyway. The point still stands though, this SS looks nigh on HUO. Stating that your game is 'much nicer' is bull****. He tried the whole 'it was produced on Halloween so that means its worth £1000 more' on me last year too. I don't think I've seen a SS sell for £4k in this country, ever! Even when they were brand new. I was offered one for £1500 3-4 years ago. I've seen plenty of AFM's go for £4k however

brand new they were 2500 listed but 2k if you knew where to look. plus VAT of course! prefer EATPM as more to do but trunk multi theme is the tops

Think any licence for SS would be **** all:) If it was as much as $10,000 ($1 per machine) I'd be surprised. Let be generous and give her $10,000 and it works out as $10 per machine. Insane $100,000 would only be $100 per machine. None of these amounts would be a barrier if there was demand for a remake.

So saying I suspect it's pretty far down the list

Back
Top Bottom