What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared stiff spider issue

Rus121

Site Supporter
Got a scared stiff spider that just spins on the shaft and cant see a way to removed the spider unit. Could someone please tell me how i remove it? Cant see a set screw or anything, and i cant free it. Any advice anyone has would be appreciated. Ta muchly.

Remove the black glass.. behind the piece of wood you'll find the mechanism.

I know that Phil fixed ours just under a week ago.. He worked his magic as per.

Thanks matey, but i already got that far (hence my question).

Looks like i have to remove the motor pcb to get any access at all. Dont mind doing it, but didnt want to break something so i thought it best to ask for details. No mention of any removal procedure in the manual either. Oh well.

This was a right pain to do. Turns out you need a 1/16th 'long' allen key to tighten up the spider on the shaft of the stepper motor. Had to remove the left light panel and the motor connector to get access to the spider shaft. Also, the spider has to be weighted properly on the shaft or the machine will throw up errors as the stepper motor struggles to move it.

Ah the joys of Pinball.
smile-1.png

Nothing is stright forward, haven't you learned that by now.
wink-1.png

I have a weird love/hate thing going on with pinball......

I do 'like' working on them (sortof), but when i come up against a nightmare, i just want to burn 'em right then and there.....

Rus121' date=' post: 1677381 said:
I have a weird love/hate thing going on with pinball......

I do 'like' working on them (sortof), but when i come up against a nightmare, i just want to burn 'em right then and there.....

Remind me never to lend you a machine.

replicas' date=' post: 1677388 said:
Remind me never to lend you a machine.

Yeah, it would be a better option burning someone elses nightmare.... What you got? lol....

Really though. I'm a bit obsessive about how games play, and if they dont do what they are supposed to, it irks me to the point of not being able to play the games until everything is 100%. Thought i would be the same about cosmetic condition, but lately, i think i dropped my expectations a little in order to get my hands on more titles.

Back
Top Bottom