What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared Stiff mods

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Getting thru my to do list of jobs on my pins and I have these two mods fitted to my SS that were fitted by a previous owner that I'd like too get working..

First photo looks like posts that should light up..

xvT7U5UcQtKigzXe%KqDyw.jpg xvT7U5UcQtKigzXe%KqDyw.jpg Q2CiYM0YT4KJPkSk8%9IoA.jpg

Coffin mod. Lights up the stiff in the coffin I guess. Doesn't seem to work. Ideas ?8mm8OojLT9GhIXc5NFbu4w.jpg

Last edited:
the coffin mod is an electro-luminescent panel panel that needs a high ac voltage to work.
looks like those orange & black wires just connect to the GI and the transformer steps it up to the required voltage.
so first check its connected to a working GI string
Cheers Bob

Thanks. That makes sense. The coffin mod connections had come off, so I assumed wrongly they'd attach to the stiff in the coffin lamp ?

What about the posts ?

I’ll just remove the star post.

Thanks for your help :)
Kenny, if you want to see what the star post's look like have a look at Chris's 1812 they have them. I think they'll just connect to the bulbs under the slingshots, if you want to try them out before removing them.

Never noticed them on 1812 are they on the slingshots. I’ll probably look to use them.

Chris B,
I know you did a peachy SS for Lee. Don’t suppose you have the spare plastic next to the skill shot. Only noticed mine was cracked after taking those photo’s.

Best thing to do with those is cut them off and throw them in the bin
Does the one near the coffin look like that weird wire in ours that was causing some LEDs to stick on? So glad you found and fixed that :D It's a beauty now

the coffin mod is an electro-luminescent panel panel that needs a high ac voltage to work.
looks like those orange & black wires just connect to the GI and the transformer steps it up to the required voltage.
so first check its connected to a working GI string
Cheers Bob

Thanks Bob & Chris.
Will reconnect it to the GI. Hopefully it still works. Not sure what to do with the Star post. If I remove it the ramps will need to come off. The game flows well on those ramps so don't want to disturb that. Especially after DRD comments. Think I'll look to extend the wiring on the star post and attach to GI too.

Kenny don' know how it's all set up but if you can loosen the star post screws from the playfield you may be able to remove the led's as they just sit under the posts, if they're the same as these.

led-post-light-pinball-600x600.jpg

Picture stolen from Pinball Heaven website.

Back
Top Bottom