What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scared Stiff....... Happy Days??

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
Got a Scared Stiff on the way, never played one before, seems to have crept up the ratings rapidly (and in price) was about 11th on Pinside & have seen it as high as 6th recently (might be wrong) now at joint 7th so decided to take the plunge, will be good for modding if nothing else.

What's your opinion on this title??, research seems to indicate on the negetive side: gets boring quick, shallow rule set, ideal for arcades but not as a home/keeper or not as a single pin but fine in a collection, speech can get repetitive, stiff.....stiff.....stiff

On the plus side: looks good, funny, nice ramp shots, good for a quick bash
biggrin-1.png

Does it get the thumbs up???

I enjoyed it at the show but you can tell its not the deepest game. You get it for a decent price?

i`ve got one andy, your comments are about right, not the deepest game but great fun, beautiful back box artwork, working spider is a must, great in a collection but not if it`s your only pin, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i know you have loads :cool:

Dreads' date=' post: 1678298 said:
Got a Scared Stiff on the way, never played one before, seems to have crept up the ratings rapidly (and in price) was about 11th on Pinside & have seen it as high as 6th recently (might be wrong) now at joint 7th so decided to take the plunge, will be good for modding if nothing else.

What's your opinion on this title??, research seems to indicate on the negetive side: gets boring quick, shallow rule set, ideal for arcades but not as a home/keeper or not as a single pin but fine in a collection, speech can get repetitive, stiff.....stiff.....stiff

On the plus side: looks good, funny, nice ramp shots, good for a quick bash
biggrin-1.png

Does it get the thumbs up???

That seems fairly accurate!

It is on my buy list if and when I find a nice one for the right price
wink-1.png

Its a good game, but it is a bit too easy for me personally. It doesnt stop me from liking it one bit as i tend to like a change from my other pins and it has just about the right amount of stop-start gameplay that tends to be less frustrating than a lot of pins can be due to the ease of shot placement. It is therefore a good game to practice shooting strategy on imo.

Some of Elviras lines get old pretty fast, but the 'stiffometer' is a fantastic mode, and i just love the music and accelerating hearbeat as you progress with each shot on that one. Trying to get spider multiball is proving super hard, so theres that to keep my interest going for Quite some time.

Another bonus is that the missus loves it too.
biggrin-1.png
. Thumbs up from me!

Who can not love Elvira ?

Its all been said and about right Great game but not a one pin game , great in a collection.

A friend of mine has one and I will never forget his son , who is about 8 shouting out Elviras catchphrases as he was playing the game.

Just hope his mother did not hear him repeteing stuff like "Shrunken Head" "He allways wanted a little head"

Yawnfest game. In my opinion
wink-1.png

Like a finely tuned page 3 stunner ....looks good ....but once you start talking .....................meh

As with all things ....ignore ratings/charts/opinions ..........................................play it and see

Of course you'll always sell it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so .....booooom fill yr boots

Sgt.GrizZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

GrizZ' date=' post: 1678334 said:
wink-1.png

Like a finely tuned page 3 stunner ....looks good ....but once you start talking .....................meh

As with all things ....ignore ratings/charts/opinions ..........................................play it and see

Of course you'll always sell it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so .....booooom fill yr boots

Sgt.GrizZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Been drinking Ive ????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

replicas' date=' post: 1678336 said:
Been drinking Ive ????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

Yes. but not enough ...cos I'm on here
tongue-1.png

Still think SS is dull as ........................................................................................................................

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :cool:

GrizZ' date=' post: 1678334 said:
wink-1.png

Like a finely tuned page 3 stunner ....looks good ....but once you start talking .....................meh​

As with all things ....ignore ratings/charts/opinions ..........................................play it and see​

Of course you'll always sell it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so .....booooom fill yr boots​

Sgt.GrizZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ​

Sacked the idea and going for a Popeye instead
wink-1.png

Well I finally got my SS and it is happy days, this is why I love pinball, they are such ace toys, the more you look at them the more you marvel at what goes into one of these creations and that's before you even pull the plunger back. I got a peach, I was second inline for this machine, original purchaser declined the machine after viewing because of a minor crack in the ramp........where?, I can't see it, it is a mighty fine example and so glad that there are people out there who are more fussy than me (I am very fussy), purchased unseen (decent pics) looks better in the flesh, plays spot on, I am a happy puppy tonight, I like..... translite is superb, lighting is one of the best I have come across and the theme is ace, deffo a fun game so far.

getting mine in a swap shortly so hope i like it as much as yourself andy.

as for getting old quickly as a single pin i can deal with that as i dont tend to hold onto pins that long anyhow!

biggrin-1.png

of all the pins I have had, there are only 2 that I would have back again, RFM and Scared Stiff, not the deepest game but, it is a bucket load of fun. Nordmans' best by far. One of the best light shows on any table...

Back
Top Bottom