What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinhaus Has the Magic, 10th February 2024

Lecari

Site Supporter
Just because I know there will be lots of people keen to book in - the next PinHaus comp will be PinHaus has the Magic on 10th February 2024!

Registration is Saturday 6th January at midday, £15 per person as before (paid in advance or cash on the day). Max 26 people.

More info to follow in the new year!

Player list:

1. David Bowery @David_Vi
  2. Claire Lickman @Lecari
  3. Reece Powell @OTRawrior (gold star for being first again!)
  4. Chris Miller @Fantazia2
  5. Gene Aw @Genotime
  6. Ian Walmsley @windoesnot
  7. Diane Bush @Diane B
  8. Clive Bush
  9. Marc Gatward @marcgatward
  10. Greg Mott @robotgreg
  11. Pete Bennett @PAZ
  12. George Bennett
  13. Lee Parkin @Kirpan
  14. Matt Peck
  15. Nathan Garwood @NateG119
  16. Conrad Chambers @C&C
  17. Jeremy Baynham @StandUpAndFight
  18. Martin Bedford @SPLITKING
  19. Dan Pocklington @DanEFC
  20. Nick Clark
  21. Steven Dale @Doggard
  22. Roy Smith @Roy Smith
  23. Chris Granby @Lebowskis Rug
  24. Isaac Granby
  25. Jon Carolan @Jmac
  26. Sergio Olave @Sertx

Last edited:
Currently on the waiting list:
  1. Paul Woollard @PAX
  2. Jim King
  3. Dan Prachar
As always - please let me know if you can't make it so we can offer a space to someone else.

Last edited:
Drum roll please... I now have the design for the OFFICIAL PINHAUS HAS THE MAGIC T-SHIRT 😉

It will also have the date/location underneath the design. They will be the same price as before - £12 each, and will be available on either a royal purple or traditional black t-shirt... I'll message people attending individually to organise sizes and whether you want one!

The artist is the amazing Cassie - her website & portfolio is here: https://ctrlaltcassie.com/

Attachments

• PinHaus t-shirt - purple background.png
    PinHaus t-shirt - purple background.png
    507.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Many thanks to Claire and David for running a great competition today at Pinhaus, and your superb hospitality.
Thanks also to Lee for the amazing curry and chilli, and also to the Bennetts for sorting the streaming.

Congratulations to Nathan for a well deserved win, and well done everyone who attended and made it such a fun day. Really looking forward to the next one!

Cheers,

Conrad. 👍

Many thanks to David and Claire for another awesome PIn Haus event.

And also to Lee and John for the fab chilis and curry, not forgetting Claire's lovely cheesecake.

There were some great games over the day, with the overall standard of play in the East Anglia region definitely improving, the highlight of which was the last game in qualifying on Roadshow between Gene and David. David's last ball drained on around 930M to 940M, needing to catch gin on 981M with everyone wondering if David's bonus would be enough. In the end, he fell short by only 2M.

Very well played to Nathan, a deserved winner and also to Gene and Dan who were very consistent throughout the whole day. Gene was very unlucky in our playoff on possibly the worst game of Nine Ball ever.

Many thanks again
Greg

the highlight of which was the last game in qualifying on Roadshow between Gene and David. David's last ball drained on around 930M to 940M, needing to catch gin on 981M with everyone wondering if David's bonus would be enough. In the end, he fell short by only 2M.

Possibly the most exciting competition game I've been a part of. The fact it was the last game and they were two of the highest scores on Road show on the day.
Usually it won't hurt losing by such a small amount but it was such a fun and exciting game I didn't mind losing 😄

20240210_181100.jpg

Okay so take 2 - written in Google Docs first just to make sure it doesn’t get lost this time…!

First of all, I want to say a big thank you to everyone for coming. It was a great atmosphere and I had a great day! I love that everyone joined in with our silly ‘house rules’ like spinning on the spot when you stir the cup on Diner, or holding your hand up like Striker does when you lock a ball on Dog Ball - or like @Sertx, who shouted GOALAZIO everytime he scored a goal. Great fun!

I echo what @robotgreg says about everyone improving. I had so many close games all day that were won on just a few switch hits - my game on Theatre with @Jmac and Roadshow with @DanEFC especially springs to mind, both were really close. It made for such an exciting day!

Thank you to @Kirpan / Lee for making such an amazing chilli and curry for us all, as always, and to @Jmac who made an amazing chicken curry (with double portions to make sure there was enough!). Plus, a big thank you to @PAZ and George for streaming the day for us. I am pleased that my win against @David_Vi on Roadshow is now forever immortalised on camera ;)

The biggest stress from the event was that the trophies hadn’t turned up. They were supposed to be here on Tuesday but Yodel’s tracking was still saying on Friday that they hadn’t yet been collected from the warehouse. The day before I bought some photo frames and spent ages fighting with my photo printer to make some temporary trophies before they arrived. (Thank you to @Fantazia2 for your tech support :D) I felt even worse because the wooden spoon seems to have gotten lost in the post as well. So I was shocked to get an email from Yodel at 11:03 saying that my parcel was due to arrive - and, amazingly, it arrived at lunchtime, and in one piece! I never thought that I’d have a Yodel delivery go so well!

PXL_20240210_211452081.jpg

I thought the trophies turned out really well and I hope everyone likes the t-shirts! I can’t wait to see them ‘in the wild’ over the next few months. The logos were hand drawn by Cassie, and I love how she brought our idea to life. I’d definitely recommend her if you are looking for any custom graphic design or artwork. You can see her portfolio here: https://ctrlaltcassie.com/
For those of you who don’t know, David sticks my face on the backglass of our games (for example, I am sitting inside the diner on my Diner) - so we thought it would be funny to have the lady from Theatre with my hair, as a little reference to that. I hope that everyone who came ‘got it’ - but wanted to explain just incase, it definitely wasn’t an ego trip thing…!

I also want to give a shoutout to @Doggard - he has improved more everytime I’ve seen him play, and has placed higher at each Pinhaus event! So, top 4 next time? ;)

And, finally, a thank you to @David_Vi for fixing Diner's flipper mid-game after the left flipper died in the finals - just amazing! It died for Gene during ball 3 (player 3) - so fortunately meant that a new game didn't need to be selected and started from scratch, and saving my precious Diner! (Dan was able to play on his last ball, as normal, and Gene had a comp ball.) Truly impressive.

As always, I have created a Google album with photos from the event, so feel free to add your own - I didn’t take many at all as I was so busy running around all day: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WxdxPR9Nde2dXsfa9

Here are the final standings:
1,Nathan Garwood,20750
2,Greg Mott,974
3,Gene Aw,84135
4,Dan Pocklington,103380
5,Conrad Chambers,83511
6,Ian Walmsley,27402
7,David Bowery,83505
8,Steven Dale,87611
10,Claire Lickman,83503
10,Sergio Olave,95511
10,Marc Gatward,84350