What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Office Second Anniversary Celebration

Lecari

Site Supporter
In January The Pinball Office will have been open for 2 years to the public - so @Hiltoncriss and I are delighted to announce The Pinball Office Second Anniversary Celebration Event on Sunday 7th January 2024!

Registration will be £25 per person, plus £3 per vehicle if parking on site. Registration is now open, via the Pinball Office website.

We will have trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. We will also have under 16s 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies.

Doors open at 10:00, with the Matchplay qualifying starting at 10.30.

The format for qualifying will be 3 or 4 player matches across 12 rounds (based on previous events, this means qualifying will finish around 17:30). Qualifying matches will be scored as 7-5-3-1 for 4 player matches or 7-4-1 for 3 player matches.

Finals format TBC but it's likely to be the same as the last event - top 16 qualify, head to head rounds with best of 3, with top seed from qualifying choosing the first game, second seed choosing the second game, and decider (if needed) chosen by the top seed. I expect the comp to finish 20:00-20:30 based on previous events.

If there are more than 16 players tied for the final, a tie break game will be played on a randomly allocated machine. (I will make a spinning wheel this time!)

I'll also book a table at the local Indian, for those who fancy a post-comp curry, nearer the time. :)

Last edited:
@Hiltoncriss

Well, as I missed the registration last time, I remembered to set a reminder.

It's now 12:15 and no registration yet available on the Pinball Office site.

I hope registration goes live in the next few minutes, as I have to leave to drive to Special When Lit in Salisbury, so don't want to find it fully booked by the time I get out of the car in a few hours time!

Chris is having an issue with the website at the moment, I'm really sorry about this - he's working on it at the moment. He could see the registration on his end but no one else could. Hopefully it will be up as soon as possible.

Hi all.

Technical issues!

I'm in a Hospital where the mobile 4G/5G is cut off. So they charge £15/day to use their crappy wifi. It works for almost anything except my website builder and other 2000 sites that are partially blocked. I will be out on Sunday (if lucky). So probably we should move this for Monday midday?
Very sorry about this but its completely out of my control.
Hopefully everyone will understand.
So on Monday at 12 it will be online.

Chris

Last edited:
Hi all.

Technical issues!

I'm in a Hospital where the mobile 4G/5G is cut off. So they charge £15/day to use their crappy wifi. It works for almost anything except my website builder and other 2000 sites that are partially blocked. I will be out on Sunday (if lucky). So probably we should move this for Monday midday?
Very sorry about this but its completely out of my control.
Hopefully everyone will understand.
So on Monday at 12 it will be online.

Chris
No worries, Chris. Thanks for the update, and more importantly, hope you are ok.

We've currently had 30 bookings - there's plenty of space left if you still want to attend!

Current player list:
  1. Claire Lickman
  2. David Bowery
  3. Pete Bennett
  4. George Bennett
  5. Sofia Boudi
  6. George Boudi
  7. Chris Boudi
  8. Dan Pocklington
  9. Jeremy Baynham
  10. Martin Bedford
  11. Jim King
  12. Roy Smith
  13. Nick Clark
  14. Matthew Halls
  15. Ian Clarke
  16. Graham Swaffield
  17. Helen Swaffield
  18. Jon Carolan
  19. Sergio Olave
  20. Ozkar Olave
  21. Eneko Olave
  22. Reece Powell
  23. Marc Gatward
  24. Nathan Garwood
  25. Craig Hutchinson
  26. Paul Woollard
  27. Conrad Chambers
  28. Justin Smith
  29. Steven Dale
  30. Chris Granby
  31. Isaac Granby
  32. Greg Mott
  33. Andy Campbell
  34. Emma Campbell
  35. Ethan Campbell
  36. Ben Leigh
  37. Miroslaw Kozlowski
  38. Miroslaw Kozlowski +1
  39. Miroslaw Kozlowski +2
  40. Will Beynon
  41. Rob Cutler
  42. Alan Griffin
  43. Tony Price
  44. Igor
  45. Igor +1
  46. Dan Prachar

Last edited:
Anyone coming tomorrow got a spare flipper opto interrupter for a Bally Williams?

One of these but not broken, or white preferably,

IMG-20240106-WA0005.jpeg

Tomorrow morning I'll order food from the Shed cafe (just round the corner) to collect at around 1pm - I'll place the order and you pay at the cafe, same as last time.

You can see the menu here: https://www.theshedcoffeehouse.co.uk/menus

Let me know if you'd like to order - you can also contact them to book a table if you prefer, we'll aim to stop for lunch about 1pm.

Hi all - I have a table booked at the cafe for 4 people if 3 of you guys want would like to join me eating in the cafe rather than out in the cold do lmk when I see you later!
If you want to eat in best make contact with the cafe to reserve your table!

Well played on stranger things that was a tight round with a good effort from me on my 3rd ball to try and catch up!

Are you planning on coming to PBR at the end of Jan?

Yeah that was a tough game mate! Thought you had me to be fair. Yes at PBR this weekend and at the end of the month. See you there?

As @Monster says, many thanks to @Lecari and @David_Vi for running another great, fun tournament yesterday, and special thanks to @Hiltoncriss for the superb venue!

It was really good to see quite a few new faces, and hopefully they'll be back for more.

Massive congratulations to @Monster for his first, and well-deserved win.

Also, very well played to Nick Clark, as he was consistent all day, and had no trouble taking me out in the quarter finals 2-0. He followed that up with a close 2-1 win over @robotgreg in the semi to reach the final, his first also, I understand.

There were quite a few people who put in a "best ever" performance, and these included Roy Smith reaching his first semi final, beating the high-ranking Nathan Garwood in the last 16 round, followed immediately by dispatching Pete Bennett in the quarter finals, before coming up against @Monster in the semi-final.

Finally, a mention to Ozkar Olave who won the under 16 award, and also ended in 7th place just behind his dad, Sergio (6th) in the main competition qualifying. Unfortunately both he and Sergio went out in the first knockout stage, but well played to both of them.

Thanks for another really enjoyable tournament, and I, for one, am looking forward to the next one!

Everything Conrad said. Can't put it more eloquently, so a big heartfelt thanks and congratulations to all mentioned from me also.

Yep yep. First finals for me so dead chuffed. Great to play @Monster in the first game of the day and the last. Kept Oktoberfest as a bit of a local-knowledge joker and wanted to pull it out earlier in the KO-stage but was in use by the higher-seeded @robotgreg, so it came out at the very end. Hit the 3 modes I swatted up on but failed to capitalize, so in the end @Monster skill overcame my tactics. Well done mate. Fully deserved.

Got to eat the Chinese takeaway I grabbed on the way home in style :cool: (and a bit of disbelief). Cheers everyone!

PHOTO-2024-01-07-21-49-38.jpg

From watching the stream and chatting to some of those who played - I think tournament looked like a great advertisement for UK tournament pinball . Great setup and venue, excellent hosting, organisation and streaming, good range of players from experienced to several complete novices but everyone having fun together in a friendly environment. Also more proof that everyone has a chance - the more experienced players don't always make the playoffs and don't always win, which makes it so exciting.

Well done to all involved and who took part!

As others have already said another great day of pinball at the Office. Fantastic relaxed atmosphere and delighted for Will and Nick to make the final, very well played guys and fully deserved.

And @Roy Smith, you can have my trophy for 3rd as you didn't get one for 4th - let me know and I'll bring to the next meet we're at.

Thanks as ever to Claire for running the comp and Christian for hosting.

Look forward to the next one.

Thank you so much to everyone for joining us yesterday, and for @Hiltoncriss for hosting us - I had a great day! I loved seeing so many people new to pinball (we have 10 people who are not registered with the IFPA!!), which is fantastic and made for a really exciting day. We had @PAZ and George's streaming set up running all day on Oktoberfest and Alien, which added some excitement to the day. I had a 3 player game with @C&C and @Benleigh250 on Oktoberfest, Conrad won by just 300 points, which on Oktoberfest is really nothing - not sure how I feel about that being forever immortalised on stream!

We had 12 rounds of Matchplay, and despite a couple of game issues, we finished on time at 17:30 and went on to the finals - a brutal head-to-head for the top 16, with 2 players in best of 3 games. @robotgreg was almost undefeated all day - just pipped at the post towards the end of the day by @NateG119 who finished top in the standings :)

The top 16 was an exciting mix, including Ozkar Olave in 7th place (just below his Dad, @Sertx, in 6th) and Miroslaw in 14th, in his first ever comp. The top seed chose the first game and played first, and the second seed chose the second game, with the top seed choosing the final game if needed.

This made for some shock knock outs. Roy Smith knocked out @NateG119 and went on to knock out @PAZ too - both Office regulars! @Monster also knocked out Office regulars @OTRawrior and @Jmac, while Nick Clark UK was undefeated until the semi-finals vs Greg. Greg chose Whitewater, which Roy won, then Roy chose Dr Who which Greg won, and came down to the final game on Greg's choice of Batman66 - Greg set 300 mil which Roy couldn't beat, draining at 100m.

Meanwhile, Nick and Will also went down to three games - Creature, Spiderman, and Oktoberfest. Nick managed to start the multiball on Oktoberfest (a rare accomplishment!) but lost them, with Will winning the game! Nick v Will was streamed for those interested on @PAZ's channel -

Here's the qualifying Matchplay link for those interested: https://next.matchplay.events/tournaments/126593/standings
Plus the finals brackets: https://next.matchplay.events/tournaments/127001/bracket

Link to my album with photos here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/gRWv1iKkiVYaKdmj9 (As always, feel free to add your own!)

Here are the final standings:

1,Will Beynon,95896
2,Nick Clark UK,104576
3,Greg Mott,974
4,Roy Smith,33453
5,Pete Bennett,89499
6,Alan Griffin,99044
7,Conrad Chambers,83511
8,Jon Carolan,104019
12,Nathan Garwood,20750
12,David Bowery,83505
12,Dan Pocklington,103380