What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber brands...help

biglouieuk

Site Supporter
Alias
robllewellynuk
I wondered if I could ask for some help.

Are there different types of post rubbers, soft and hard?

I've got some "blue" post sleeves on my machine, and they sound really hard when hit, but the other machine has what feel like much softer post rubbers and are more....gentlemanly...

Are different brands harder and faster and and?

Is there a guide anywhere to get an understanding?

Ta

I think the coloured ones are silicone so therefore harder and longer lasting.
The softer traditional yellow and black ones are far more gentlemanly

@biglouieuk or try PerfectPlay - 9 out 7 people wouldn't be able to tell you the difference as they are the same material.*

*this is a lie, but EVERY person who I have sold PerfectPlay to who have used Titan, can't tell the difference - I can put you in touch with them, or maybe they will come out and say so, who knows.

https://pinballbazaar.co.uk/product/silicone-post-rubber-for-williams-bally-era-pinball-machines/

I did a write up, of course, there is some bias, but I got into PP because I believe that the product was great, so that bias is kinda mutually reinforcing.

https://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/featured/what-is-the-best-pinball-rubber-a-look-at-the-market/

James are Perfect Play similar in feel to Titans or Superbands? I ask as both these look and feel very different and I’m not sure yet what to expect from perfect play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superbands are polyurethane, much harder material, I didn't like the bounce on them personally. PerfectPlay is a silicone, same material as Titan - I find them quite lively to begin with but that is the same with new rubber too. They "settle" after being on a little bit, but maintain a solid bounce. They wipe clean as they do get dirty, but unlike rubber are, as I just said, cleanable. They will outlast rubber in my opinion, but reccomend on slings especially to turn them, so they don't "form" into one position.

don't listen to the dodgy salesman flogging his snake-oil for a pound of flesh.

Get Titan.

Well, can't argue with Ray McNeil - he would 100% have had both and made an informed decision.

"Buy Titan!!"*

*Or PerfectPlay - I have it in stock in the UK if you want to try it.

@James kindly sent me some new post rubbers to test.

My BoP is in the workshop/shed. I've installed them. Replacing the Cliffy post covers.

Definitely more bounce than Cliffy at -2cthanks James. I'll give it some more play when it warms up a bit!

Opinions are like ars@ holes.... everyone has one!

And mine (opinion!), I has superbands fitted in a couple of machines, really didn’t like them, so typically was using standard rubber, just fitted some perfect play to a few machines, first game on FT and a new high score, yeah, I like them.

They’re inexpensive in the grand scheme.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom