What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Mail Tracked Delivery - Warning

DRD

Registered
I ordered some goods online, paid using PayPal. Luckily only £30 for metal shoot bolts and some window parts that are 40cm long to repair something. They are basically worthless to anyone but me

I got an email from the Royal Mail saying that they had been delivered on Saturday, when no-one was in my house. Nothing was delivered. I have made enquiries of my neighbours, they did not receive anything. Similarly, I have put something on the village facebook page

This Tracked delivery did not require a signature. So no card was put through my letterbox saying where the goods might have been delivered.

A Royal Mail enquiry was made by the seller that said they had been delivered. The seller is doing nothing further to help.

My postie is being a little defensive and saying they could not remember whether it had delivered it to my house. The posties do work hard and are clearly under pressure

PayPal has told me to sod off

So as far as the Seller and PayPal are concerned, the Royal Mail has said that my item has been delivered. It is not therefore unreasonable of PayPal and the Seller to think that they have fulfilled their part of the deal here.

I have however paid £30 for nothing

I would advise folk to think twice using this service for goods they buy

Ahhh.. so I have a similar story... happened last week..

Item coming in from China.. one evening received an email from eBay saying item had been delivered... however not to me.. checked tracking which also said the item had been delivered...

Forgot to contact them the following morning... and then the item was delivered later that day...

Very suspicious. Almost like they are trying to meet their delivery figures...

Reactions: JMP
I have a similar problem when sending things through work. Apparently, according to the warehouse manager, things can either be tracked or signed for. If they are "signed for" there is no tracking, as in - it gets posted and if it gets to the other end you know because a signature is required, but if it gets lost somewhere no-one knows where or when. And then there's "tracked", which gets you a tracking number but - as you've pointed out - no signature, so it gets as far as your delivery office then all bets are off.

Excellent service.

I ordered a few hundred pounds worth of leds from Comet, when they didn’t arrive I contacted Comet who said that they checked the tracking and they had been delivered, so I would be unable to claim despite paying for their insurance.
Luckily my brother works at the RM sorting office, checked through all the undelivered parcels filed under similar house numbers on my street and found it, customs fee outstanding note had been delivered to the wrong address. Beware!

As I mentioned in another thread, I came home the other day to find a Tracked parcel on my door mat which was not addressed to me. I put it back in the post box with a note attached, hopefully it has now reached the correct address.

I could have hand delivered myself I guess, but I didn't really have the time to be driving round the town at night playing postman.

As I mentioned in another thread, I came home the other day to find a Tracked parcel on my door mat which was not addressed to me. I put it back in the post box with a note attached, hopefully it has now reached the correct address.

I could have hand delivered myself I guess, but I didn't really have the time to be driving round the town at night playing postman.
Unfortunately there are others who would have opened it up and if of no value to them would have put it straight in the bin, such is the world we live in.

Quite common this time of year for parcels to show delivered and not turn up, easy money if they're siphoned off. Had a PSP for my son go missing a few years back - when investigated, it showed as being signed for by us an hour before the driver left the depot!

Unusual for Paypal to refuse to refund though, they'll normally give money back the second you complain, which is a nightmare as a seller!

Have you made it clear it was not a signed for delivery and that RM have no actual proof of delivery?

Ahhh.. so I have a similar story... happened last week..
Item coming in from China.. one evening received an email from eBay saying item had been delivered... however not to me.. checked tracking which also said the item had been delivered...
Forgot to contact them the following morning... and then the item was delivered later that day...
Very suspicious. Almost like they are trying to meet their delivery figures...

I had exactly this happen as well. Also My postman on a Saturday is not even royal mail, in my area they are all agency staff at the weekend.

Is your PayPal linked to a credit card? If so go through the card for a refund. They are normally good about these types of things

It's always worth going down to the delivery office and asking them to check for something for your address.

AS someone that sends hundreds of packages a week, the most common thing that happens when the customer doesn't get their package, is for it to be returned to me as unclaimed, after sitting in the delivery office for a week.

I always tell them the same, and quite a few have found their packages this way.

To counter balance this, a parcel ordered from Amazon (I'm a Prime member) didn't turn up. Contacted them after a week and they sent another out the next day, and extended my membership by a month for the trouble. I've nothing but good things to say about Amazon Prime, easlily worth £79/year to me with the music and TV included.

The SD card in my phone packed up yesterday, ordered one on Amazon at 23:50 last night and it was delivered at 13:20 today.

Back
Top Bottom