What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocky and bullwinkle

Andy1970

Registered
Alias
Andy
I have a data east Rocky and bullwinkle . Thinking of selling and looking for an idea of what it’s worth. Bad point is that it take approx 15mins to bolt up . Once booted up it plays and works fine. Any comments appreciated.

There is a thread already to ask this:

If your game takes 15 minutes to BOOT up I would suggest it has serious battery leakage and/or a faulty board or two. Selling a machine not working is going to seriously affect the value.

There is a thread already to ask this:

If your game takes 15 minutes to BOOT up I would suggest it has serious battery leakage and/or a faulty board or two. Selling a machine not working is going to seriously affect the value.
It has a battery chip so no leakage

Can you describe the 15min boot time in a bit more detail? Usually when electronics takes a while to work correct it’s bad caps as bad ones are very temperature sensitive.

Post as many detailed pics as you can so we can figure out it’s condition :)

Can you describe the 15min boot time in a bit more detail? Usually when electronics takes a while to work correct it’s bad caps as bad ones are very temperature sensitive.

Post as many detailed pics as you can so we can figure out it’s condition :)
I will post video and descriptions tomorrow. Thanks

It’s me Andy! Col

I told you what the state of play is the boards are hacked badly and one is a rotten dog.
It probs with worth what you paid £1700 but not to the likes of me. But hey that’s just my opinion.

For those wondering I’ve known Andy 20yr and he kinda doesn’t take my advise 😂

My suggestion was to sell as is showing the problems or have someone repair it properly but I don’t think it’s worth the time money or effort dut to the theme and the fact it’s a lemon in most peoples eyes.

Cheap pins will always sell Andy but don’t expect it’s a hidden gem worth what HLD are asking.

My two penneth again.

Last edited:
I personally would not pay £1700 for a R&B with faulty boards.... I would say £1K in that state. The replacement boards are hard to find currently.

Andy - looks like you have a good pal in Colin.

It’s me Andy! Col

I told you what the state of play is the boards are hacked badly and one is a rotten dog.
It probs with worth what you paid £1700 but not to the likes of me. But hey that’s just my opinion.

For those wondering I’ve known Andy 20yr and he kinda doesn’t take my advise 😂

My suggestion was to sell as is showing the problems or have someone repair it properly but I don’t think it’s worth the time money or effort dut to the theme and the fact it’s a lemon in most peoples eyes.

Cheap pins will always sell Andy but don’t expect it’s a hidden gem worth what HLD are asking.

My two penneth again

I have spare boards, I would buy at right price depending on overall condition?

If you sell it for 1k I’ll take it and do the board repairs my self :D

I sold one for £1200 about 3 years ago. Not a sort after game (although I liked it). Fully working I’d guess it would go for around 2k. Same sort of value as LW3 or Twister.
I might be slightly underestimating the current value but it will be at the bottom end of DMD games.

Normal boot up is about 20 secs, so that’s a machine with serious problems the main board is around 300 the others around 150-200 for sound board . If it’s in good condition without playfield wear or damage it should sell for £2k plus, as is £1.5k if someone wants a project. Cols advice is sound, plenty of projects sell well with full disclosure, sometimes for same as a straight machine.

I’ve done 2 videos, the 1st one is of it powered up for the 1st time where it takes 15mins to finally run and the 2nd is of it working and also powered off and on where it boots back up instantly? Wtf. If I then leave it powered off for approx 10mins then machine takes 15mins again to start up . This will end up on eBay by end of the wk . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6957.MOV
    84 MB
  • IMG_6958.MOV
    223.1 MB
I wonder if its just the main cpu 5v is low when it first boots due to bad caps/regulator or something and it keeps rising and when it eventually hits 5v or something the cpu can boot correctly.

Is it me but is the speaker panel from Star Wars? I’m sure I can see the Death Star? Don’t suppose it really matters?

Attachments

• 2C48CCC0-0B54-4576-9B64-5E7CA7FDFA40.png
    2C48CCC0-0B54-4576-9B64-5E7CA7FDFA40.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 27
  • BAFFB285-2CD7-464B-988B-E3FA820CADAE.png
    BAFFB285-2CD7-464B-988B-E3FA820CADAE.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 27
It will sell for well over a grand if put on eBay, people seem to want to overbid just to secure the sale, especially with the lack secondhand of pins coming to the market.

I am new to this so bad caps sounds is over my head 🤣
There capacitors.

The round circle things sticking up from the board.

Info here

It's not something I've personally changed but I don't think it's that difficult with the right tools and patience. Although I wouldn't attempt doing it on difficult to find boards for a first go.

A couple of people on here could do it for you. Unsure of costs but my LOTR board upgrade and rebuild was about £200. So expect between £100 and £200 to fix

If anyone interested then I’m open to offers
Personally I would get the board repaired and then sell on eBay, it's a game that not particularly well liked or valued in the pinworld. (I might be wrong 😏😀) You might get £2.5k maybe even £3k + via eBay. So £100 ish to get it fixed would be worth it. It looks in good condition.

I’m gonna pop over and have a shifty at it as Andy is local to me and we go way back as drinking mates.
He has gave me an option of buying at £1500 which I guess is a fair seeing as though he paid £1750 for it a few month ago.
I’ve never played R&B even though I’ve seen Phil’s at several shows so it ticks off one more and I’ll probs sort, bling up and move on here.

I’m gonna pop over and have a shifty at it as Andy is local to me and we go way back as drinking mates.
He has gave me an option of buying at £1500 which I guess is a fair seeing as though he paid £1750 for it a few month ago.
I’ve never played R&B even though I’ve seen Phil’s at several shows so it ticks off one more and I’ll probs sort, bling up and move on here.
I played it in Columbia for over a month about 22 years ago. There was a local arcade that had this, Tommy and that football one think it was world cup 94. From memory it's not bad, I think people just don't like the theme. I haven't played it since.
It actually wouldn't be a bad first pin.

Fan of the theme, currently don’t have space until the garage is sorted but if it goes via Col now I’d 100% be interested in a few months

Back
Top Bottom