What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock Tumblers

jack burton

Registered
Had a look but couldnt see a thread about these.

Thinking about getting one. For all the small pieces of metal. Does anyone here have one? Any tips or recommendations?

Crushed walnut shell - available from amazon, and maybe a small squirt of Autosol. They're a bit of a waste of time in my opinion though (I had one and sold it), but I know others use theirs a lot.

By the way, try a search for 'tumbler' and you should find a lot of posts with experiences using them. Don't be fooled into thinking that you will get your stuff anywhere near as shiney as @Nedreud's pictures though, no matter what tools or techniques you employ. He uses magic.

Last edited:
Just looking around now. Seems they get mixed reviews.

Say I could be better off investing in a good polishing wheel first? Seems like the bit of work yeilds a far better result.

Thats the one i have.

Ben your local gun/hunting shop might have them. they are used for polishing up used shell cases before refiling and reusing

I can lend you mine if you want to try it before buying ?

Thats the one i have.

Ben your local gun/hunting shop might have them. they are used for polishing up used shell cases before refiling and reusing

I can lend you mine if you want to try it before buying ?

I must look into that, think theres 2 gun shops down here.

Ah thanks Ian, i might aswell pick up one sure. I have a good few non pinball things Id like to get cleaned up so be worth getting one

Back
Top Bottom