What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robotron help

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Folks as you know I’ve got a robotron cocktail that I love. I have had issues with the power supply and I got a new board that’s been tested and it’s still not working. I’m trying hard to keep it original but have a suzo happ PSU so the game works. But that PSU doesn’t do illumination nor the coin door.

I noticed something on the connector that comes from the transformer to the board whilst trying out the new board see picture. I also plugged the connector in the wrong way round but result of that got me thinking. When I did that the line
d0903ec1b4bc3bcde83097d922f2503a.jpg
b80cdbbe2323678889c13154bfa3b131.jpg
that isn’t working started to work the others didn’t as the input from the transformer didn’t match up. Luckily in doing that I didn’t cook anything!

My question is how do I test that the power board is getting power from the transformer? Not sure what voltage that is so don’t want just go sticking a meter incase I blow it.

That was the +5v now if I connect normally I get the +12V and -5v but no +5v
8924adc9a90a5399e20c5ebd7650f2c1.jpg

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Neil McRae That connection looks like it's taking a fair bit of current.
What can happen is the connections resistance causes arching which heats up the connection.
Your better to replace the crimp on that connector and clean the pin. it plugs into.
Scrap or rub emery on the pin to remove any tarnish.
Check pcb for dry joints on that connector and any burnt out tracks.
Check fuses F2
Then check your 5v rail again.

Yeah I’m going to do that in anycase. :)

Why F2? It’s the 6.3v that’s used for the controls illumination lights I believe.

Neil

Yeah I’m going to do that in anycase. :)

Why F2? It’s the 6.3v that’s used for the controls illumination lights I believe.

Neil

The only fuse mentioned on the manual :)

Ah yeah you need to get to the schematics to see the fuse list. Fuses are all on.

Where can I get the right connector block? It’s 12 pins.

Neil

Where does that connector goto, is it the power board?

Disconnect everything but the connector to the power board (from the transformer) and paste back your findings. F5 is your +5v.

Last edited:
Where does that connector goto, is it the power board?

Disconnect everything but the connector to the power board (from the transformer) and paste back your findings. F5 is your +5v.

Yup - will do.

Back
Top Bottom