What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robot Bash (2 spaces available as of 13 Dec)

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi

An announcement and reminder that as in previous years I'll be hosting the Robot Bash meet/comp at the end of the year in Broadstone, near Poole Dorset which will be on Wednesday 30 December. This comps is part of the UKCS and the last meet of the year to count for this year's UK Championship Series.

Format will be identical to previous years where we'll play rounds of 4 player games based on WPPR rank and points in the comp so best players always play each with points of 9,5,2,0 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in each match, and then knockout rounds. Top 8 will qualify for knockout rounds.

Practice from 10.30 with the comp to start at 12.00. We'll try to fit in 8 rounds of qualifying but the last round must start before 5. Usually end up with just 6 rounds. More info on the website http://www.robotbashpinball.co.uk/

Machines line up to be:
AC/DC Premium
Attack from Mars
Corvette
Dirty Harry
Fish Tales
Johnny Mnemonic
Lord of the Rings (not in comp)
Medieval Madness
Metallica
Monster Bash
Road Show
Spiderman
Star Trek
Walking Dead
X-Men

Please note registration will open 10am on Saturday 21 November. In order to register you'll need to send £10 by paypal gift friends/family please and I'll post the paypal address to send money to at 10am on 21st both here and on the website. Please make sure you cover any charges when using paypal. I think it's free if paying either from a paypal balance or debit card.

Places will be limited to a maximum of 32 and in the past it's sold out pretty quickly so if interested, urge you to register ASAP on 21 Nov to avoid disappointment. However, there will be a reserve list and historically there have been some players drop out so a chance to still potentially compete. Also welcome to come along if not in the comp for the social side and and there will be machines available to play all day although the comp games will take priority. To come along and not compete, fee will be £5 to cover food and drink.

Please make sure you can make the start time of 12am and stay at least for the final qualifying round until about 5.30 before the knockout rounds.
Look forward to seeing some of you on 30th Dec if not before at one of the other many comps coming up shortly.

Cheers
Greg

I was there in 2012 and 2013, couldn't make last year's or this. Hopefully get to gregs league meet next season.

Hi Greg,
Can anyone compete, as thinking of getting back into it.....I last competed in 1986! (Lol)
Or might just come along to play as your line up is fantastico!
Keith.

Hi Keith

Yes anyone welcome to come along and compete or play for fun but comp games will take priority although will always be others available to play during comp and machines vary each round.

To be in comp need to register from 21st Nov. Does sell put quite quickly.

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers
Greg

Hi

Registration is now open.

Please paypal me £10 ie robotgreg@yahoo.com. Must be gift friends/family please.

Please note registration fee is non refundable to secure your commitment to attend.

Spaces limited to 32 but will run a reserve list and in past have usually been able to get in on reserve list but can't promise.

Looking forward to the meet:)

Cheers
Greg

Sverker Norquist, Tomas Evrenos or Oscar, please can you contact me re your payment. Tried to reply to Sverker but comes up blocked. Please send me an email or pm.

Thanks
Greg

Currently registered

1 Martin Ayub

2 Neil Fellender

3 Sverker Nordquist

4 Thomas Evrenos

5 Oscar Evrenos

6 Sam McCourt

7 Andrew Wilson

8 Andrew Shillabeer

9 Graham Rowley

10 Joe Tripp

11 Emma Oliver

12 Helmut Langenburgh

13 Ivan Miles

14 Martin Gosling

15 NIck Marshall

16 Kate Morris

17 Jon Melleney

18 Greg Mott

19 Amelie Mott

20 Oscar Mott

21 Elliott Roberts

22 Kevin Brown

Good thing you remembered to register yourself Greg!

Gutted I can't commit to making it due to family commitments - looks like it's taking on Glastonburyesque type status!:thumbs:

Only 3 spaces left. Registered as follows:

1 Martin Ayub

2 Neil Fellender

3 Sverker Nordquist

4 Thomas Evrenos

5 Oscar Evrenos

6 Sam McCourt

7 Andrew Wilson

8 Andrew Shillabeer

9 Graham Rowley

10 Joe Tripp

11 Emma Oliver

12 Helmut Langenburgh

13 Ivan Miles

14 Martin Gosling

15 Nick Marshall

16 Kate Morris

17 Jon Melleney

18 Greg Mott

19 Amelie Mott

20 Oscar Mott

21 Elliott Roberts

22 Kevin Brown

23 Craig Pullen

24 Jono Sandilands

25 Vin Jauhal

26 Ian Wallace

27 Dan Wallace

28 David Mainwaring

29 Stefania Thiery

SOLD OUT! Now taking reserve list, fees refundable for anyone on reserve list who doesn't make it in comp.

1 Martin Ayub

2 Neil Fellender

3 Sverker Nordquist

4 Thomas Evrenos

5 Oscar Evrenos

6 Sam McCourt

7 Andrew Wilson

8 Andrew Shillabeer

9 Graham Rowley

10 Joe Tripp

11 Emma Oliver

12 Helmut Langenburgh

13 Ivan Miles

14 Martin Gosling

15 Nick Marshall

16 Kate Morris

17 Jon Melleney

18 Greg Mott

19 Amelie Mott

20 Oscar Mott

21 Elliott Roberts

22 Kevin Brown

23 Craig Pullen

24 Jono Sandilands

25 Vin Jauhal

26 Ian Wallace

27 Dan Wallace

28 David Mainwaring

29 Stefania Thiery

30 Dan Scuadamore

31 Peter Blakemore

32 Rich Mallett

Reserve List

33 Keith Burden
34 Son of Burden

Sorry Keith, just too late but on reserve list.

Cheers
Greg

Hi

I've had a few people drop out and will open up another 4 spaces IF they can definitely be filled. So have 2 people on the reserve list very keen and would like to be able to include them which will do if I can get another 2 to make up another group of 4.

So two spaces available, first come first served, secured by paypal payment of £10 to robotgreg@yaho.com but gift friends/family please.

Please let me know if you'd like to come, details above.

Payment non refundable unless I can't fill both spaces.

Cheers
Greg

Son of Keith is called Jack. :cool:
hi peter...
Aahaa.... He introduced himself then...glad to hear it....
Ohhh greg I see you have no classics in your line up......me and jack can bring our fathom along if you fancy it? (Know you like things ship shape and Bristol fashion but offers there if it fits)
Looking forward to the bash....k and j

Thanks Keith, kind offer but no space I'm afraid.

Look forward to seeing you and Jack in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Greg

Thanks to everyone who made it today. Hope you all had a fun time and great to see you all.

Here's the results from today's comp. I'll update the UKCS standings and post tomorrow.

1 Greg Mott
2 Craig Pullen
3 Dan Williams
4 Peter Blakemore
5 Nick Marshall
6 Elliott Roberts
7 Kate Morris
8 Neil Fellender
9 Jack Burden
10 Ivan Miles
10 Rich Mallett
12 Vin Jauhal
13 David Mainwaring
13 Nick Hill
15 Martin Ayub
15 Kevin Brown
17 Oscar Evrenos
17 Levi Banks
17 Ed Duckworth
17 Keith Burden
21 Matt Vince
21 Andrew Wilson
23 Dan Scuadamore
24 Thomas Evrenos
24 Helmut Langenbruch
24 Joe Tripp
27 Sverker Nordquist
27 Andy Ball
29 Mike Kindler
29 Justin Walker
31 Graham Rowley
31 Jono Sandilands
31 Jon Melleney
31 Oscar Mott
35 Martin Gosling
36 Owen Richards
37 Amelie Mott

Special mention for awesome performances to Elliot and Jack, competing in his first major (non-league) comp.

Cheers
Greg

Attachments

• Robot Bash meet 2015 template 37.xls
    201.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks for a great day Greg...and Fiona.....Jack and I had a great time meeting you all. We really enjoyed it. C u soon Keith. Well done on the win. (Who in there right mind would defeat the host.).;):thumbs::wave:

Thanks to Greg, Fiona and the kids for hosting yesterday. Well done on the win Greg, it was well deserved after topping qualifying.

Back
Top Bottom