What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Roadshow - Original Artwork Decals / Translight

DonData

Registered
Alias
DON
Hey Fellas

I'm still gathering items to re-build a Roadshow. Probably not available but was wondering if any original cabinet art for Roadshow still exists?

Another question is does a glass trans light exist for the machine? The one I'm supposedly purchasing looks like a plastic trans light, wanted to see if a glass one exists!

Thanks a bunch
D

Roadshow would have always had a plastic translite (attached to a pane of glass with trims).

CPR does make backglasses for some machines of this era, but not roadshow.

Roadshow would have always had a plastic translite (attached to a pane of glass with trims).

CPR does make backglasses for some machines of this era, but not roadshow.

Thanks - that's at least one answer, much appreciated!

I got my Fish Tales decal set from this company. I was happy with the quality of the product and was easy to handle and apply. Obviously needs a clean and smooth surface.

I don’t think they actually print the product, as my package arrived from Slovakia I think. This maybe why they don’t do a partial order?

You won't find many people making cabinet decals that will sell you a single side piece. I've always refused to do it as well.

Apart from anything, it devalues your game. Would you really want to buy a game that has a new decal just randomly stuck on one side, while the rest of the cabinet is old and tatty? Looks a mess.

Yeah, I can see that argument, but I've got a machine where the cab is fine except the front because its has holes where a security bar was bolted in, so if I could get just the front it would be worth doing.

Honestly, and I'm not being a penis here, but there's no such thing as a "fine" cabinet. When we're talking about things that are 25-30 years old - even if they had sat in an air tight dark room all of their lives, you would still see a noticeable difference between the newly printed artwork and the old. Even if the colours are perfectly matched. Unfortunately blue cabinets (like Road Show) are the worst because there will be 100 different shades from throughout the run. Slightly different paint mixtures, different print runs etc.

I've personally matched the blue on at least 8x LW3 games for example. Still keep finding different blues :rolleyes:

Yeah, I agree with you about older cabs. They are always going to need some work.

I'm talking about a newish stern. Sides and back box are ok. Definitely dont need new decals. Front has two massive holes.

Only way to get it looking good would be to redecal the front, but not worth buying a whole set just to do that.

Still think my Fish Tales would benefit from a new front decal. The sides look ok and the backbox is very good.
The front just totally lets it down.
Even if the colours didn't match - at least it would have colour!

Side.JPG

Front.JPG

I recommend the original decals from PPS. I am just finishing up my FT restoration with the ones from PPS. But, I also have perfect scans if you'd like...

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-12 at 15.08.46 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-12 at 15.08.46 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-12 at 15.08.47 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-03 at 17.31.02.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-02-12 at 15.08.47 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-02-12 at 15.08.47 (2).jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm still gathering items to re-build a Roadshow. Probably not available but was wondering if any original cabinet art for Roadshow still exists?
Another question is does a glass trans light exist for the machine? The one I'm supposedly purchasing looks like a plastic trans light, wanted to see if a glass one exists!
I could make you a translite on tempered 4 mm glass for Road Show. I have made a very good one on PET G 0,5 mm. Looks better than original. Check out my website to see some of the things I do. I apologize for this self promotion, but I am also trying to help.

I could make you a translite on tempered 4 mm glass for Road Show. I have made a very good one on PET G 0,5 mm. Looks better than original. Check out my website to see some of the things I do. I apologize for this self promotion, but I am also trying to help.

bo apology needed - this is great pal, you’ll hear from me soon when I put this planto action, thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom