What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ripley's opto problem

aim4tilt

Registered
Hey.

I have possibly 2 opto problems on my RBION, would appreciate any help.

First of all I'm just wondering if my Idol opto works correctly since the magnet only activates if the ball touches the droptarget next to it before it sneaks in to the Idol?

To the bigger issue, my shrunken head and superjackpot opto is dead. The transceivers and opto amplifier are good, where do I start looking and how is it done? I have an multimeter but I'm quite new to this stuf.

Welcome to the forum. From what I remember the idol isn't lit all the time but can be relit a few different ways, hitting the pops, shooting the scoop and some modes have it lit.

Thanks.

But my Idol magnet doesn't pick the ball even with the opto lit without touching the droptarget next to it just before going to the Idol. Have to take a closer look tomorrow, got this feeling that the ball doesn't even need to break the opto. I wounder if it could be like the droptarget acivates the magnet itself.

Anyway, my biggest concern is the superjackpot that affects the play the most and the shrunken head but that's almost an upgrade not having the ball pausing under the head. As I said, the optos and amplifier pcb is good, how do I test the wires and transistors easiest? Where else should I look and how do I do it?

Back
Top Bottom