What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Lyman

What!? No official word that I can see, how odd for SDTM to be announcing this to the world in such a way. I really hope it's not true

Yes its true, Penni (his partner) posted just now on her Facebook profile. Lyman wasn't big on social media.

Lyman was my pinball hero, if he made a game I bought it - as I knew it was always going to be fantastic - Lyman was an amazing guy and a great friend we had many chats about Batman '66 whilst he was coding it and he even included some features on it and on Elvira. We had a fantastic time at Pinburgh and at NYCPC trying to beat each other on Iron man. , or tin man as he called it - can't believe this news.

Lyman was a hero for me the pinball community lost one of its shining stars and I'm very upset to hear this news but thinking of Penni and the rest of Lyman's family

IMG_0472.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pinball just lost its greatest coder and a true gent! Spoke to him quite a few times about code and he was just a thoroughly nice guy and his passion for pinball and code was unmatched!

That news stinks. He really seemed humble when people spoke about him as being one the greats and to be a genius behind the games aswell.

Damn, a loss to the industry and the community. :(

Absolutely shocking news and so sad to hear this. As Neil said Lyman was a true pinball legend and an incredible player. I remember watching him pracitice on STTNG at the EPC in Sweden 2007, I think with his usual hunched stance. Got over 3B by the Picard maneouvre - left loop and side ramp and repeat.

Wow what a waste. Such a talented person who really pushed pinball forward during his career. My consolations to those that knew him personally. I only knew him from a handful of appearances on various podcasts, and various internet videos including watching him play brilliantly in competitions. He was generally quiet from what I saw but seemed like a nice guy and very smart. He will be sadly missed by the pinball community worldwide.

That news stinks. He really seemed humble when people spoke about him as being one the greats and to be a genius behind the games aswell.

Damn, a loss to the industry and the community. :(
he was - hugely.

Lyman will be remembered for ushering in two golden era's of pinball, the MM, AFM ,MB days but perhaps more importantly and relevant to us, Lyman ushered in the era of modern pinball with deep rulesets and challenging game play, and he made us earn every point we played. Anyone who bought a pinball recently has been influenced by Lyman's amazing work.

Damn, so sorry to hear this, he was so young and a legend.

Totally gutted....

Wow, just saw the news on Facebook and actually caught my breath. So unbelievably sad. To think we will never say 'with Lyman on code' on a new game again, it's just unthinkable.

Gone, far too soon. A quiet, humble, brilliant man who changed the game I love. A truly sad day

Back
Top Bottom