What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM video amplifier

Jonwolf

Registered
I'm thinking of installing an ultimarc video amplifier to my RFM.

Some very helpful vids on the Internet and it looks straightforward.
However this guy says his VGA card didn't feed 5v to the amplifier and had to solder onto the card and connect to a 5v on the motherboard.

He says some RFMs need this and some don't.

How do I know if my RFM requires the faff of soldering a 5v supply to the new vid amplifier ?

http://www.aaarpinball.com/RFM/RFM.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easiest way is to just connect one up. If it works : bonus. If it doesn't connect a 5v line. Mine didn't need it.

Do you have a video amp yet? I've got one that is going up for sale that is fully wired up to just plug straight in. It doesn't have the extra 5v but I can always put them on if you are interested?

I'll get some pictures of it later on tonight

Just had a quick look and managed to find it:

This has the connector on it that is used on the Wells Gardner monitor. There are 2 types of monitor used in the RFM, but cant remember what the other model is. It may or may not use the same connector

i.imgur.com_t5E9DD4.jpg

Jumping on the band wagon here if @Jonwolf isnt interested could I have second shout please
Thanks Tony

Hehe! I'm up for it. PM me with your email and a price Daveyd and I'll purchase

I'll give it a go without the 5v supply but with the cable if that's ok

Back
Top Bottom