What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFM saucer Mod

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Discussing this with Poibug the other day when he was up - IMO short of Bill Ung's $179 mod, probably the best out there.

Said i'd pass on, however i'm currently putting one together now...

I've attached the PDF so those with RFM can do the same.

Basically the LED's are controlled by the lights on the large central ship on the PF...

so far, buying the bits off ebay, the LED's, the Resistors and the diodes have come to £2.69 from Ebay in total. Have not bothered with the RJ45 yet, since i'm sure i can find some kicking about in work....

Will post some pics soon, as i'm sorta winging it and only half following the instructions...

Paul

Attachments

• Revenge From Mars - Mini-soucer LEDs english.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I built the one that was on the Pinball News site. It was from a few years ago and I believe was done by Stan Simpson.

Anyhoo, I was supposed to be getting a RFM so built the circuit board and everything but the deal for the pin never happened.

So I have a Saucer mod but no pinball to put it in. :0(

What more could you ask for, a spinning colour changing saucer.

There is just no pleasing some people.

Just getting round to doing this myself.

Wondering if I should add a third saucer to the SOL hole flasher ...

(I have a spare and this will also protect the almost always broken plastic over the drop target)

Hmm, does not protect the plastic much, but looks fine. I'll be doing it with 8 cycling LEDs to match the ones in the lower saucers.

Thanks Stan! This is a nice cheap mod. especially if I can find 3x smallish 6/8 way connector pairs in my junk box so it is a very cheap mod as I had all the bits already!

Well the mod is completed. I now have three LED laden saucers connected the the playfield lamps. The only thing I'll say is that the extra third saucer really needs some GI as well as the flasher. I'll have a look at the weekend to see where's the best place to get connections from and add an LED to the inside of the dome to see how that looks.

Full playfield view:

[attachment=913:169691_10150872943478240_1371573914_o.jpg]

Saucer close-up:

[attachment=916:458843_10150872942653240_263470532_o.jpg]

Under saucer wiring:

[attachment=914:471479_10150872941253240_1032919318_o.jpg]

Hooking it up to the lamp matrix (note my skinflit LED mod, costs about 10p per insert!):

[attachment=915:177431_10150872942008240_176055594_o.jpg]

By the way, if you swap over the two common wires the saucer spins the other way, so left spins one way and right the other ... :)

Back
Top Bottom