What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Jokerz - £1200 (but speak to the seller who may negotiate)

Expired Due to no activity

bluejonny

Registered
Chaps and chapettes

Just the one left., Jokerz. He obviously will negotiate as the RFM has gone. See below.

The good
Playfield pretty good shape, original mylar still on - needs a clean
plays fine
No broken plastics as far as I could see.
Ramp entrances slightly cracked but not bad at all

The not so good
Looks like batteries have leaked onto chips U6 below.
No background music, only sound effects - may be something to do with above
Hum from the speakers
Reseated all connectors and push chips back in, did not make any difference
Cab average, usual fade with back box needing a paint
Adjust failure error

Drop me a PM and I will put you in contact with the guy (who is very nice so please don't attempt to tell him this and that is wrong with his machines - he knows)

Ta

JB

Last edited:
Indeed, not really after the jokerz but could get it up and running then move on, But never had a RFM could be fun :)

20200702_192958[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20200702_193007.jpg
    20200702_193007.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20200702_193017.jpg
    20200702_193017.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200702_193024.jpg
    20200702_193024.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200702_193119.jpg
    20200702_193119.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 20200702_193125.jpg
    20200702_193125.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20200702_193155.jpg
    20200702_193155.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20200702_193202.jpg
    20200702_193202.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 114
I grabbed the RFM but the jokerz was still there on Sat, seemed to all work apart from background music.

Funny it was the RFM I was looking for too, have 1 but wanted one with original monitor and computer setup.
Ah well.

I am just shopping it then will be putting it up for sale. It't not a keeper for me but fun to fix up :)

Yes enjoyed fixing up my RFM, personally new flat screen monitor & software based system (No card) fun. Pinbox software includes jukebox and these machines have good base speaker :)

I quite enjoyed Jokerz when I played it. The music gets a bit irritating.
Might just be my opinion, but I always thought of it as a £900 game. So will be interesting to see how much it sells for with board damage.

Do you mind me asking how much you gave just for the RFM mate?
Cheers
Mark

RFM was £1550 looked okish from photos but bit more banged up then i thought when i went to collect (3 hour drive so was not leaving empty handed lol) But can all be saved with a good shop :) One weird thing was they have swapped out the psu with a UK one at some point so wired the PSU directly to the mains input (cut the wires grrr) when all they had to do was plug into the service socket DOH!!! I am going to rewire it after the cabinet switch though so you dont have to turn off at the wall.

I will create a shop log shortly, I was only really meant to change the rubbers and lamps but now the pf is completely stripped top side AHHHHH lol

I am liking the idea of the installing a LCD monitor, can i just use any monitor? The TUBE makes this game so heavy its insane, LCD would be much nicer. But heard bad things about black level etc...

You got of lightly 8+ hour round trip up the M1 from Kent for my RFM :)
Look forward to seeing shop log.

There are number of problem with installing LCD monitor, mains ones being correct size and being able to move image around. Not hard.
Here a good video which includes information on install of LCD:

I am liking the idea of the installing a LCD monitor, can i just use any monitor? The TUBE makes this game so heavy its insane, LCD would be much nicer. But heard bad things about black level etc...
No you either need a conversion kit, or you need to hunt out an LCD that does 15Khz, I got one off ebay for £20. NEC MultiSync EA192M
http://15khz.wikidot.com/

PS - a lot of the manufacturers documentation doesn't even mention that a monitor will do 15Khz, so don't rely on that!
e.g. the EM192M manual says:
1594825801789.png

but It does actually do 15Khz. Horizonal.

So simple as buying a NEC MultiSync EA192M and mounting it into the cab / powering it? Might have to buy one and give it a go, Was the black level an issue? Iv noticed even the tube does not have a pure black and i dont even see the full image even thought the vertical size is maxed out on the little pot its still about 10% to large and you either lose your free play text or the ball info at the top!

One more quick question, The pop skirts are trashed :( so gotta remove the whole housing but the lamps are in the way, is the only way to do this by cutting the lamp leads? or is there some other solution to swapping the pop skirts?

So simple as buying a NEC MultiSync EA192M and mounting it into the cab / powering it? Might have to buy one and give it a go, Was the black level an issue? Iv noticed even the tube does not have a pure black and i dont even see the full image even thought the vertical size is maxed out on the little pot its still about 10% to large and you either lose your free play text or the ball info at the top!
Yes that's all I did the Monitor works just fine off the 110v - so I used the power outlet on the back of the PC cab to power it. Black level isnt that great as Ive cranked up the brightness, still a lot clearer than the old CRT monitor. and for a few quid well worth it.

The seller still has Jokerz but I think he may be asking a little too much for it - if anyone is interested in negotiating PM me for his number. To reiterate, not my machines!!

@russdx1 Glad you took it. I nearly went for it, but trying to stop my pinball urges and so far have done well. He seems a nice enough chap, but by his own admission doesn't know anything about inner workings of the machines.

Yeah he new nothing about them really hehe but was a very nice guy! Was the day of my cancelled wedding as well so we all had a good laugh at that haha. The board damage on the jokers scared me to much I’d more want it at £750 in its current state.

In my cabin to repair for buyer Local to me, unfortunately it’s got a cpu with too much acid damage, It booted but PIA’s under battery area for display horrendous condition. Display therefore missing several digits as result damage (display tested ok in another machine) soundboard music intermittent, card wheel not working, lift ramp motor missing its motor cover so not working properly, some switches missing screws so fixed with tape!!!! otherwise nice machine :oops: Not going to be a cheap repair and that’s before stripping, re-rubber / etc. Gunna go along with buyer next time as it was never worth the £1k paid, only worth £500 as it is .... good thing is it will live again and be good for many more years to come of great fun.

Back
Top Bottom