What's new

Retro Revival - anyone going?

Andypuk

Registered
A local event for me this one - held at Wolverhampton Racecourse this weekend.

The floor plan shows 25 tables will be there along with around 60 arcade cabs and retro consoles.

Was a decent event last year but only 3 or 4 pins there.

Was a really good event. Good selection of pins there as well. Does anyone know who John Darby is? (World of Pinball) He seemed to have supplied most of the tables there...

Just finishing unpacking my pins having spent a fantastic weekend at Revival - I'd not been before, but would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves pinball, arcade machines, or retro games consoles! I've never taken a pin to a show before, but it was very satisfying to see them played constantly (literally!). I only wish I took a note of the audits before the weekend to see just how many games were actually played! John Darby is a great guy and has some really lovely machines!
Cheers, Mark

I've never taken a pin to a show before, but it was very satisfying to see them played constantly (literally!)
Amen, dude.

well done mate, you deserve to feel proud. without people taking games to shows, this whole hobby would be dead years ago

Just finishing unpacking my pins having spent a fantastic weekend at Revival - I'd not been before, but would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves pinball, arcade machines, or retro games consoles! I've never taken a pin to a show before, but it was very satisfying to see them played constantly (literally!). I only wish I took a note of the audits before the weekend to see just how many games were actually played! John Darby is a great guy and has some really lovely machines!
Cheers, Mark

Johns Scared Stiff table was probably the best playing machine out of all those there.

Really enjoyed it and helped out with setting up on Friday, thankfully far more pins there than last year.

We may have spoken briefly yesterday Mark, which tables were yours?

Still none the wiser who John Darby is....his cards were on his table with his business address and email address.....have sent him an email so hope to hear from him at some point!

I was there on Sunday.

Put my name on Funhouse and Sharkey's

Really enjoyed playing the nice Congo and also Jackbot :thumbs:

Popeye is as aweful as I remember it was last time I played it :rofl:

Some guy kept coming over and high-fiving me every time I got a good score on the pins :rofl:

Hi Windy, mine were the RFM and RBION. In fairness I think all the working tables were played pretty much all the time, but it was great to see people's reaction who had not seen a Pin2k before as even though it is 15 years old, i still gets a great reaction!

Cheers, Mrak

Johns Scared Stiff table was probably the best playing machine out of all those there.

Really enjoyed it and helped out with setting up on Friday, thankfully far more pins there than last year.

We may have spoken briefly yesterday Mark, which tables were yours?

Back
Top Bottom