What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring the back of a pinball machine

jonathan

Site Supporter
Im picking up a TSPP soon that has obviously been dragged around on its **** during its life as the back is scratched to bit. It will be easy enough to repaint it all black but does anywhere do decals to go on the back of a machine.? I mean the yellow or orange writing

I *think* there were stencils available at some point for redoing the text on back of Williams pins. Dont recall seeing any for Stern games. Painting black might be best option .Or try to source a better backbox (!) - prob only worth bothering if the sides are bad also.

I saw those stencils too. I think they were on the bay area site? Had a quick look but couldnt find anything. I would just paint it black.

Stencils are not the way to go , look up on RGP at all the trouble they had with under spray.

The way that backboxes got done at the William/Bally factory was screen printed.

As far as I know I am the only person in the U.K. to offer this service. Screen printed warning text that is.

When you get a IJ as bad as the one below the only thing you can do is to totally replace the rear of the backbox.

[attachment=138:IJ Restore M.E. 010.jpg]

It must have been sat somewhere pretty damp as the MDF backboard had swelled to nearly twice its original thickness.

Below is the finished b/box, repaired, painted and re-decalled with the screened warning text.

[attachment=140:Indy res me 004.jpg]

Rus121' date=' post: 1678257 said:
Awesome. Do you offer a cab restore service?

Yes, I do the cabinets for Phil at Pinball Heaven ,for his mint restores.

If anyone wants any cabinet stuff doing just get in touch.

I am in the North of England (Lancashire)

Below is the finished b/box, repaired, painted and re-decalled with the screened warning text.

Really nice work
smile-1.png

Saw someone at the European affair with something like this screenprinted on the back of a t-shirt - thought it a marvellous idea - never worked out where he got it from tho dagnabit
smile-1.png
Anyone seen these for sale?

Rav' date=' post: 1678363 said:
Saw someone at the European affair with something like this screenprinted on the back of a t-shirt - thought it a marvellous idea - never worked out where he got it from tho dagnabit
smile-1.png
Anyone seen these for sale?

Like this one?View attachment 220

Yeah could have been just like that
smile-1.png
Wasnt sure if it was a WPC backbox, was a few months now
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom