What's new

Reset problem

octamus

Registered
On my whitewater when you touch the slam tilt it resets so I disconnected it now again it still resets if I hit one of the targets what could this problem be

A short on some other switch can cause this. Go into switch edge test and see what happens when you operate each switch. You should only get one response per switch. Examine switches that are showing permanently closed. Ignore opto switches, and switch 24.

A short on some other switch can cause this. Go into switch edge test and see what happens when you operate each switch. You should only get one response per switch. Examine switches that are showing permanently closed. Ignore opto switches, and switch 24.
One of the switches on the ball through has stopped working and has a message of pinball missing could that be it

The only other thing I have noticed when one of the pop bumpers is in test mode it works but when a ball goes into the pop bumper it doesn't work

Right switches that are not working
18 center jet
38 three bank lower
28 right Outland
48 canyon entrance
They all have white grey wire so I assume it has something to do with that wire
65 lock up left that's a opto that I no about

Still can't work out what it is

Yes. Unfortunately it doesn't reveal any helpful information. I'd now start investigating the dead switches. You say 18,28,38,and 48 don't work. I assume that 58,68,78, do.
If that's the case, then you have a break in the white grey wire at ANY of the pre-mentioned switches ending in 8. Each switch will have two white-grey wires to each tab except for the one which at the end of the line. Carefully check each switch involved. Once this is done, we can attack the reset.

Reset. Do you get any message on the display or noise, or just a quick reset. Which switch(es) cause reset ?

The switches are daisy chained in a line. When you cut out the tilt switch you also disconnected a row/col of switches.

The
Yes. Unfortunately it doesn't reveal any helpful information. I'd now start investigating the dead switches. You say 18,28,38,and 48 don't work. I assume that 58,68,78, do.
If that's the case, then you have a break in the white grey wire at ANY of the pre-mentioned switches ending in 8. Each switch will have two white-grey wires to each tab except for the one which at the end of the line. Carefully check each switch involved. Once this is done, we can attack the reset.

Reset. Do you get any message on the display or noise, or just a quick reset. Which switch(es) cause reset ?
the complete row is not working when it resets it's just diagonal lines across the screen I checked wiring can't see no breaks

Back
Top Bottom