What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing the backbox from Red & Ted's Road Show (Williams)

davejuk

Registered
I recently acquired my first pinball, Red & Ted's Road Show from Williams.

It's currently sat on a pallet in the back of the van, legs off, head folded down. At 29" wide it will barely fit through the door, so rather than struggle with it I want to take the head off which will make it a much more manageable 23" wide. I guess I could also remove the play field to make it even easier to manoeuvre?

Has anyone got any advice on this, either generally or specifically for this game?

Have a look at which connector is connected to the cabinet looms (don't just unplug everything in sight). Write the number of the connector on each plug as you take it off.
It is easy to do, just take your time and plenty of photographs.

You don't need to remove the playfield but make sure the balls have been taken out.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The balls are already out. I was just thinking I could remove the play field as well to make it lighter to carry?

Get more muscle to help undo back box hinges and just sit it on it's side on top of the glass until you get through the door, done this before lol

Ronnie

As Ronnie says, get some help. It should be easy to move for two people with the backbox removed.

Back
Top Bottom