What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red and Ted have been assimilated

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
They are Borg!!!!

Following a sneak attack from the Neutral Zone into my kitchen I'm sorry to announce that Red and Ted have been assimilated
biggrin-1.png
STTNG has joined TS as part of my new look line up. Looks in good nick and with a bit of work I should be able to turn it into a beauty. I'll put some pics up tomorrow.

Nice:) my roadshow too as been assimilated by the Borg!! They beem in to my line up next week! Resistance is futile!

Funny, cos my Sttng is hopefully going to be joined by RS tomorrow!! I do hope they get on!!

Congos on its way :-( twas a tough choice but needs must and all that.

Looking forward to RS.

Well it looks like there are going to be two new avatars, eh chaps ?

Ha ha, yes indeed. I think everyone should change their avatar pic to themselves pulling a ridiculous face. Should help recognising some folk at daventry.

You first Daz;-)

Gaz Shiells' date=' post: 1696090 said:
Ha ha, yes indeed. I think everyone should change their avatar pic to themselves pulling a ridiculous face. Should help recognising some folk at daventry.

You first Daz;-)

What do you mean ? That's me !

Truth be told, that picture was taken when he was in his youth, he's changed a little since then....
wink-1.png
biggrin-1.png
:cool:

You first Daz;-)

I was months ahead of ya-I did that as soon as I joined the forum;)

Some pics of STTNG as promised, taken with my iphone though so the quality is not as good as usual......

[attachment=1071:IMG_0772.jpg]

[attachment=1072:IMG_0773.jpg]

[attachment=1073:IMG_0774.JPG]

[attachment=1074:IMG_0775.JPG]

The question now is which one to shop out first?

STTNG is dirty and has some broken plastics but will take longer than TS (I'm assuming). TS only needs a light clean and everything on it is in good shape but will be quicker to shop. I'm leaning towards doing STTNG first so I'm not playing it much while its dirty.....what do people think?

Yeah do sttng first. At least the shadows tidy and you won't feel like your messing the st up even more.

So I've started tearing down the STTNG and come across an interesting problem. First it's only got one pf support bracket....I'm guessing it should have 2, and then when i pull the pf out, it clicks likes its locked but it hasn't cause when I try to lift it slides back. Looking underneath it seems the pf has come off the runners and the springs on the clips have fallen off.

Any tips on the easiest way to get the pf back on the runners so it will lock and lift (it's pretty heavy on STTNG) and also does anyone have a spare support bracket for a next gen that they are prepared to part with?

When you say support bracket are you meaning the pair at the front of the underside of the playfield that when you pull out the playfield rest on the lock down mec ?

If that makes sense.

Also sounds like the locking slides towards the back of the playfield may be bent. Take some pic's and get back.

Ha ha, yes indeed. I think everyone should change their avatar pic to themselves pulling a ridiculous face.

Already did, just a bit hidden by growth
smile-1.png

When you say support bracket are you meaning the pair at the front of the underside of the playfield that when you pull out the playfield rest on the lock down mec ?

Yep that's the ones I mean....only 1 on the left side on this STTNG though
sad-1.png

Also sounds like the locking slides towards the back of the playfield may be bent. Take some pic's and get back.

Good call Daz, looking at the ones on STTNG vs my TS they look really bent.....

[attachment=1075:IMG_0809.jpg]

[attachment=1076:IMG_0810.jpg]

They look like they are all there. Reattach the spring and straighten them up and it should fix the problem.

As for the support , I think I will have one somewhere, will have to look.

Let me know if they work once repaired as I also have a set if they are knackered.

D.

Nice one mate, I'll break out the hammers tomorrow
biggrin-1.png
Once I've straightened them and put the springs back on will the action of moving the pf make them go back into place on their own?

Happy to report I've fixed the pf locking slides. Got them in the vice, gave them a bit of stick and they've gone back into shape nicely
smile-1.png

As for the support , I think I will have one somewhere, will have to look.

Any joy finding this Daz? I'm using a bit of wood at the moment but would be good to put a proper bracket back on.

Glad to see you have fixed the slide problem.
smile-1.png

Ah yes the supports. Totally forgot all about it, Sorry will have a look tomorrow and get back to you.:oops:

Sorry for the late reply, been mega busy working.

Right found out two surpport brackets and can bring to either the Welsh Classic or the Party,

Your call.[attachment=1098:taf rebuild.jpg]

Right found out two surpport brackets and can bring to either the Welsh Classic or the Party

Nice one fella, your a legend
smile-1.png
Bring them to the Party and I'll grab them off you there, I'm there all weekend. I owe you a drink!

Party it is then.
smile-1.png

I will be running the NBA comp so look out for me there.

Back
Top Bottom