What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rechroming / plating

RudeDogg1

Site Supporter
Where do you guys get yours done? Preferably by mail due to distance. Just had an a complete joke of a quote from ashford chroming £940 before vat ect!!!! needles to say the can go forth and multiply

photo (6).JPG

not even that many bits really

Dont bother with Chrome unless it HAS to be.... I had mine Nickel plated and it was lovely and shiny.... Not Chrome standards, however not far off.... (See my Whitewater thread in Shop logs)... and in comparison dirt cheap....

Sometimes you can get away with just taking it in and just getting it polished depending on condition...

You could polish most of it by yourself and get good results there's a video on YouTube on the basics and just practice on a guide rail

a lot of it wont polish the side rails door and lock down is about it tried polishing some of the other bits like the trough bits and it made no difference som low grade type of plating

makes me laugh the expensive place is still trying to get my job said they can do nickel plating for 15% less plus 5% off lol that's still 759 sheesh

it is silly money, i want to get my pin legs re-chromed but when i had 3 quotes at over £100 i thought i may aswell get a brand new set of 4 for around 65 quid!

makes me laugh the expensive place is still trying to get my job said they can do nickel plating for 15% less plus 5% off lol that's still 759 sheesh

I got all that stuff pictured on my chair plated (not sure if it was nickel or Zinc - Actually I think it was Zinc plated to be honest) - for £40..... It's perfect for indoor use i.e. Pinball machines..

Are you sure you want to throw that sort of money at a Firepower Rudi? I can understand it if it's your 'Grail' pin and you won't ever sell it but am I right in thinking you haven't even played a game on it yet? What if you hate it?
Firepower isn't even rated amongst the top 100 pins on Pinside (122nd) and I can't imagine a big queue to bite your hand off if you decide to sell at some point in the future. Restore it by all means but I'm not sure of the wisdom in spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds on chrome plating?
People said I was mad doing it to a CFTBL and they were right!

I'm never gonna spend that much on it when I said chrome I just assumed its shiny it must mean its chrome. Not realising how dear it is if can get it nickle plated cheap I will otherwise ill just polish it by hand. It was more the lock down mech I wanted redoing at the start lol because it's abit rusty and can't find a replacement I just hate polishing metal tbh.

That looks good matey. If there's any you want to get Zinc'd then fire em up in a box and I'll take them in for you :)

Back
Top Bottom