What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent forum Flareups

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
So ive just burnt a short period of time tonight going through the carcus of what was the Ebay thread. And there has been a LOT of discussion behind the scenes between the admins on the happenings of last night and this morning. It escalated VERY quickly.

As i have mentioned in one of the threads, what we have to remember is that :

1. People have been locked down for a year (feels more like 10!), so tensions are running high. I am seeing this accross all social media and in people even in life in general. People have become less tolerant and the number of keyboard warriors has noticably increased.
2. Prices HAVE inflated.... You dont get a DMD game for less than £1k any more (and if anyone has then let me know!). This is also across all platforms. I have watched prices of fruit machines go silly as well, so it's not just pinball!
3. Linked to #2 above - if prices have gone silly, then people when they sell will think they are due a return on what they paid for it... so therefore if they paid £3k for a flintstones then they will want £3k back...
4. Different people have different opinions. People seem to have missed the fact that whilst they may differ, it doesnt mean the other person is wrong. Nor is it an excuse to start personally attacking them.

I am a great believer in the differences of view - thats one of the many reasons why forums exist - It's for discussion. It's NOT an excuse for a slanging match.

I wish to remind people of a few things.

Being here is a privilige. Not a right. One click of a button and people dont exist. Dont **** the Admins off.
When things come to the Admins, we DO discuss things between us. Hence why as part of the T&C's when we make a judgement then it's final. It's not always just one of us winging it (and if it is then we will have justifiable reasons for it!). We pride ourseles that we arent the Gestapo here, and we dont run the place with an iron fist. We can if you want. However i would rather close the place down than have to run it like that.
Please remember that people WONT agree with you on everything. Being gracious and treating others like you would wish to be treated is the best plan. Rare up at someone and expect the same back, and we will hapilly hand out a "cooling off period" for those involved.

If you cant abide by these simple requests, please let me know, as i can solve the issue easilly......

Back
Top Bottom