What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Plastic channel for Williams Bad Cats playfield glass

mrobertweiss

Registered
This is an '89 game I've had for almost 20 years, that functions well. I've restored/replaced virtually all the playfield elements that were cracked or broken, but the right side of the black plastic channel strip that the rear of the playfield glass slips into is cracked, and seems almost impossible to remove and replace ( I have a new channel).
There is a vertically oriented 1/2 inch plywood board that bulbs penetrate and to which the inferior edge of the strip has five 1/4-inch head hex-screws affixed. They cannot be easily reached from the front,(the top edge of the plywood board partially obscures the screw heads, as well as an unbendable portion of the channel itself), and the bottom of the plywood is attached to the bottom of the playfield box and inaccessable. The entire contents of the playfield would have to be removed and reassembled to get to those 5 hex head screws.It's not worth it; yet the cracked right side of the plastic channel really detracts.

I have considered scribing the plastic channel with a knive and removing it piecemeal, which would allow barely getting at the hex head screws to loosen them, backing them out a bit, and then slip the new strip behind the heads(having opened up the bottoms of the pre-drilled screw holes in the new piece).. I was wondering if anyone had similar problems with this element. or any further ideas.

Lift the playfield out then its a piece of p*ss to get at the screws. I can do it on my own but with 2 people its easier.

Back
Top Bottom