What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Ready to play machine ~£1000

Dog goes woof

Registered
I'm keen to get opinions on whether its possible to get a decent playable machine for ~£1000? And to know whether there is anything available in the community?

Out of the blue I've been gifted £1000 on the condition that I spend the money on something fun and *not* practical. So here I am, living in a house with 101 expensive jobs that need doing, shopping for pinball tables :D

Things that are important to me:
Ready to play
Multiplayer
Close enough to Peterborough for me to visit - or strong endorsement from the community
SS preference - but open

Any suggestions welcome.

Michael

Hi Michael

Def should be able to find a decent solid state player for 1K or less. Hopefully someone on here will have something to offer. Prices offered on here tend to be very realistic ...ie not Ebay dreamer prices :thumbs:

Like anything - *real* bargains can be found, but they are unlikely to be found listed on public forums, selling groups, ebay etc

Hi Michael

Def should be able to find a decent solid state player for 1K or less. Hopefully someone on here will have something to offer. Prices offered on here tend to be very realistic ...ie not Ebay dreamer prices :thumbs:

Like anything - *real* bargains can be found, but they are unlikely to be found listed on public forums, selling groups, ebay etc
Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully someone is going to drop by with a tidy Paragon, delivery included :)

You should be able to get a nice pre sys 11 bally for that - my Vector is fun as hell and that was £800. There's a bunch of games in that range that should fetch a similar price.

Also worth looking at some of the overlooked dmd titles - I think nba fastbreak has some admirers around here and can go for that sort of money?

You should be able to get a nice pre sys 11 bally for that - my Vector is fun as hell and that was £800. There's a bunch of games in that range that should fetch a similar price.

Also worth looking at some of the overlooked dmd titles - I think nba fastbreak has some admirers around here and can go for that sort of money?

DMD would be great, there is a Gottlieb Rescue 911 on ebay at the moment with a buy-in-now of under £1k, however, I seem to remember it sounds annoying as hell, and a bit limited to play. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gottlieb...EST-DMD-PINBALL-ON-EBAY-probably/254221014615

some nice solid state ballys from the dave rolfe collection should be within that price range as well

That's true - Stern Lightning would be a good one.

Flash Gordon would definately be the pick of that bunch but I expect that might go closer to 2k?

DMD would be great, there is a Gottlieb Rescue 911 on ebay at the moment with a buy-in-now of under £1k, however, I seem to remember it sounds annoying as hell, and a bit limited to play. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gottlieb...EST-DMD-PINBALL-ON-EBAY-probably/254221014615

Rescue 911 is available on The Pinball Arcade - it's in Gottlieb Pack 2 for £7.19 which includes 5 other tables.

If you don't know The Pinball Arcade it's a pretty decent Pinball Sim. Can be a useful way of trying out a table to see if you like it. It runs under Steam so you first need Steam (free) then The Pinball Arcade (also free) then buy tables individually or in packs.

I wondered how much you paid for your Vector. Good to know they still go for under a grand.

Too many people are interested in Dmd games. Cheaper dmd games all come with one thing. Video modes!!!!!! Talk about a snooze fest.
Plenty of great ss games to play.
I've always fancied a Police Force and I think they go for about a grand.

Rescue 911 is available on The Pinball Arcade - it's in Gottlieb Pack 2 for £7.19 which includes 5 other tables.

If you don't know The Pinball Arcade it's a pretty decent Pinball Sim. Can be a useful way of trying out a table to see if you like it. It runs under Steam so you first need Steam (free) then The Pinball Arcade (also free) then buy tables individually or in packs.
So - I tried pinball arcade. I was determined not to like rescue 911.....but I did. Assuming everything is present and correct, I'll have the machine setup and playing this saturday.

Back
Top Bottom