What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reaching out for a loan machine...

SteffParry

Registered
Hello guys, I'm reaching out to the community for a favour.

On 3rd October I plan on having a pinball soiree at my house in Wokingham, Berkshire. First time I've ever done anything like this but basically a few mates of mine want to know what all this pinball stuff is about, so I said I'd get a couple of tables together, some beers and stick the BBQ on just for a bit of a laugh and maybe convert a few new peeps to the ways of the pinhead!

I've got a Star Trek Next Gen machine and will also be bringing over a mate's Getaway for the weekend but I reckon we really need a 3rd table to make the most of it.

So I'm asking if anybody out there is willing to loan me a machine for a couple of days to help me out? I will cover all reasonable costs and even come and pick it up if you'd prefer. Otherwise, you'd be very welcome to stay for some beers and burgers and take part in a mini tourney.

I've only got a tiny house so it's not an open invite I'm afraid!

This is not a commercial venture and I won't be profiting from this in anyway, it's just a bit of fun. I'll naturally consider any working and (reasonably) reliable games.

I'm sure I've met a few of you at the South East League meets and tourneys but I'm not sure who's using what username on here. Naturally I'd be willing to return the favour at some point.

If I'm way off the mark here then I apologise but this seems like a friendly place, so thought I'd see how I got on with my (admittedly a little cheeky) request.

Cheers guys.

Uummm, this could be a pin trap. Wokingham is a well known steamy den of barbour, ladies wot lunch, Frapucinos and Landrover Discoveries ;)

Seriously, I like the idea of a mini tourny and could bring a machine - I only have two to choose from Gold Ball or Hook.

PM me if you don't get any better offers.

Haha you're obviously jealous of the Wokingham way of life! The dogging capital of Berkshire as well, if you believe the popular media!

ANYWAY, thanks so much for the generous offer- would definitely be interested in Hook.

I'll see if anyone else comes along with anything but otherwise will drop you a line shortly.

Hello Rowan mate! Congrats on the win at the Tilt a few weeks back.

The display is mainly working on The Getaway now. Had a good 6 hour sesh on it on Sunday and it only faulted once. Quick disconnect of the cables, remake contact and it's good again for a few more hours. I can live with that. Still need to replace rubbers, give it a good clean etc. but it's playing well. Drop by on the 3rd if you want to see it in action for yourself!

Is your ID4 still earning it's keep at the Bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Steffan! I've got a wedding to go to on the Saturday night that should involve a lot of celebration so I don't think I'll be able to make it. Sounds like a fun day though so I hope it goes well. ID4 is in the back room at the moment. I listed it on Gumtree for £850 but in the end I turned down several offers including £800 as I couldn't bear to part with it. I've got Judge Dredd and a Big Buck Hunter arcade cabinet out. I need to rotate games to keep it interesting. I picked up a Jurassic Park a few weeks back, which is great fun. I love the shaker motor on it. Makes the walls vibrate!

Ah shame you can't make it but I'm sure you'll have a blast at the wedding. Some tables are just keepers, I certainly won't be parting with my Star Trek TNG anytime soon. I love Judge Dredd, definitely hoping to pick one up someday and Jurassic Park is a good laugh, can't beat watching a dino eat your ball! Is the shaker motor a mod? Don't think I've noticed that before.

No, the shaker is standard but it can be switched off. The smart missile is also a pretty cool feature awarding everything that's lit. I think JP and Last Action Hero were the only 2 games that featured a smart missile. image.jpg

I obviously was never good enough to get the shaker going then! Or the ones I played had it disabled. Yeah, that was probably it....

Anyway back on topic, anybody else willing to lend a machine for the weekend 3rd October?

Oh, just read this , I'm in Wokingham (without), Crowthorne. But I have a work related trip coming up end of Sept / beginning of Oct and still getting my RFM into working order.

Thanks Andrew, we're practically neighbours! Cheers for the thought, shame it doesn't sound like it's going to work- not played a RFM since they first came out in the arcades!

Hello all, Aston has other commitments now so I'm still on the lookout for a kind soul to lend a machine for a few hours on Saturday 3rd October!

Will cover petrol, complimentary BBQ food, alcohol up to the legal limit and entry to this private event! (which you'll probably win and get a prize for as well).

Anyone?

Ok I have under a week left. Still waiting for my saviour to appear!

I'm reaching out for someone to make my first pinball soiree a real success and to help convert some new people to pinhead status!

Will consider paying someone a small fee on top of expenses to sweeten the deal.

Come on guys, someone needs to help me out, otherwise I'm in serious danger of buying a third machine this week and that is dangerous territory indeed!!!

Yes Matt that would be amazing! Would you be bringing it here to join in the fun, or would I need to come and pick it up from you?

Well my little soiree went absolutely brilliantly.

Two machines in my house was thrill enough:

IMG_3645.JPG

But having three was the icing on the cake! (see video).

Enormous public thanks to @Matt Adams for the loan of NBA Fastbreak- it was the firm favourite amongst the non pinheads in the room! Top bloke and one of the reasons I knew it was worth reaching out to this community for help.

Next year hopefully I'll have three of my own!

Attachments

• Video.MOV
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
Hmmm seems ok here but that sounds like the usual 'Apple media playing on Windows' curse. Which OS are you using? Windows 8 and 10 should be ok but 7 used to have issues.

It's probably not worth investing too much effort in to be honest but I'm flattered by your enthusiasm! :)

No it's totally different...!

Although it's very similar to the upside down one if you're also doing a handstand at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom