What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rarest game you've ever played/seen/owned?

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Thought I'd mix it up as all this Stern talk is getting boring 😂 What's are the rarest machines you've ever seen, played or owned and what is your opinion on them? Pictures welcome!

For me the rarest I've played is Pinball Circus (2) and Going Nuts (10) which is kinda boring as both were at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas.

Pinball Circus was fun, but felt like more of a ticket redemption style game than a pin. I think once you've reached the top tier/playfield then there is little desire to play again.

Going Nuts I absolutely loved, and so badly wished Gottlieb put it into production. It doesn't feel like traditional pinball which is fun, would be nice to see manufacturers now experiment with the core game more instead of the same basic game of 3 balls every time. Anyhow, Each ball starts off as a 3 ball multiball where you're building up time, when you're down to 1 ball you're against the clock to try to restart multiball again.

Annoyingly I didn't get a picture of Going Nuts
IMG-20200605-WA0001.jpg

I think anyone who was at Expo back in the day or subsequently at PHOF is going to have tried Pinball Circus
played lots of rare stuff at Expo , Aaron Spelling , Kabuki , King Kong , Krull , Thunderball , Goin Nuts

Rarest game we own is probably Zac Spooky plus Defender is low production but not particularly rare - a great survivor. Thunderbirds is rare (ducks) . Rare selling regrets include BMX and Joust

Someone in the Midlands has a Varkon I went to their house probably 2-3 years ago when I was still attending leagues to play it. I'd say that's pretty rare, 80 made? Dunno how many in the UK, maybe 1!
That was going to be one of my choices, pretty sure it is the only one in the UK. Owned by @Dave2084 .
Thunderbirds is rare (ducks)
There's a reason Thunderbirds is rare - no one bought it because it is $h!te.

@Sven Normansson has both an EM Joker Poker and a Big Fair? which again I think are the only ones in the UK - not forgetting Forbidden Planet, the only one in the world.

Also played Minions at Pinfest last year brought over by the Pinball Amigos. Crazy Mansion wasn't flappable at the time.

On location I've played a Supreme, but quite frankly that was underwhelming, even though I had no expectations of it to start with.

Pinball Circus is also the rarest I've played. I really enjoyed it for what it was and it had some fun mechs,, but don't think it would have lasted long in any collection had it gone into full production. Rarest I own is Lebowski.

Edit: Fortunately Lebowski is getting less rare by the week now.

Pinball Circus is also the rarest I've played. I really enjoyed it for what it was and it had some fun mechs,, but don't think it would have lasted long in any collection had it gone into full production. Rarest I own is Lebowski.

Edit: Fortunately Lebowski is getting less rare by the week now.
Lebowski is one beautiful pin though, would love to play one someday. Awesome theme too 👌 adore that film

I should probably add I started this thread to discuss rare actual machines made by manufacturers. (As fantastic as homebrew games are)

Don't know how rare it is, but that concave playfield with the rotating magnets that was at Pinfest last year is certainly the strangest - I really enjoyed that.

Don't know how rare it is, but that concave playfield with the rotating magnets that was at Pinfest last year is certainly the strangest - I really enjoyed that.
Orbiter 1 was really fun. Whose game was that?

Last edited:
I’ve never owned a real rarity but these had 3 figure production numbers:

Defender, might be a good survivor @steve brum but they only made 369 of them!
Beat the Clock- 500
Spectrum - 994

I also has a Automaticos EM called Spinning Wheel in the ‘80’s, they cant have made many of them, I’ve certainly never seen or heard of another one!

pinball circus doesn't sound too rare as ever ****er here has played it :D

magic girl but it doesn't really shoot. BBB,

IMG_7288.JPG

jetsons, also ****e.

IMG_7290.JPG

IMG_7289.JPG

Back
Top Bottom