What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramp Flame Polishing

Steve

Registered
I've seen this done and thought I'd give it a try. Bought a Dremel blowtorch and used a broken Congo ramp I had laying around to practice on. Holy crap! 1, It's dead easy to do, and 2, the results are amazing!

the ramp was almost completely matte and hard to see through, 5 minutes later it's like a new one.

Anyone with crappy ramps you seriously need to give this a go.

IMG_2604.jpg IMG_2609.jpg IMG_2611.jpg

Nice one Steve. I tried it on a crap ToM ramp once and took it too far.... until bubble-pits were plentiful ! Think it was beyond fixing though (well that was my excuse). Think I'll send my next one to you. ;)

Ooh that's nice - good work!!! I'll have to give it a go.... I only have a plumbers blow torch tho lol

Word or warning to anyone wanting to try - make sure your ramps are sparkly clean before you start else all the dirt ends up in the plastic!!!

Ooh that's nice - good work!!! I'll have to give it a go.... I only have a plumbers blow torch tho lol

Word or warning to anyone wanting to try - make sure your ramps are sparkly clean before you start else all the dirt ends up in the plastic!!!
You beat me to this word of warning.

Its VERY important ALL dirt is cleaned off before you start with the flame.

Nice work Steve glad you had a go and found it to be eaiser than you thought.

Main thing is keep the flame moving and keep a close eye on the plastic at all times.

You beat me to this word of warning.

Its VERY important ALL dirt is cleaned off before you start with the flame.

Nice work Steve glad you had a go and found it to be eaiser than you thought.

Main thing is keep the flame moving and keep a close eye on the plastic at all times.

Not to close tho you don't wanna burn your eye :p

YouTube has lots of vids.
I just copied the link for this one but haven't actually watched it so apologies if it's ****

Back
Top Bottom