What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramp entry flaps

cooldan

i like pizza
Check out these two flaps on my AFM, one is pristine, the other not so much. Any tips?

[attachment=1088:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343921543.261801.jpg]

I have to do some ramp work on my TAF soon so will be practising riveting. I remember you had some you bought for MB, check if they are the same size and we can try to fit them to AFM.

i was hoping i'd get to see you before you head off to Eastern Europe in search of derelict arcades (while i slum it at the Daventry Pinball Party with over 100 pins on free play) - as riveting as it looks, i'll only attempt a job like this if i know it's gonna work out. i mean it's just a bit of rust, doesn't affect the play, so...... are you sure you know what you're doing? i didn't think so
biggrin-1.png

come on over any time mate, i have all games running sweet as a nut, and am about to strip one down to the bones so will need your expertise.

have you fitted everything in existence to your TAF yet? what about this 'pro' shaker thingy? and the Dreads underfloor lighting? the little-known 'talk in a French accent' speech chip ? and what about the what-the-butler-saw extra-room-in-the-mansion chip, with the oh-my-god-what-the-****-is-that-is-it-a-sex-room-yes-i-think-it-is-what-the-****-are-THOSE-for software?

this, by the way, is an echidna:[attachment=1089:echidnas have 4-headed penis.jpeg]

Check out these two flaps on my AFM, one is pristine, the other not so much. Any tips?

Gently scrub with a scotch pad and warm soapy water....has worked for me in the past. If the corrosion is really bad then I've also used fine grit wet'n'dry instead of the scotch pad.

I don't think there is going to be much Pinball finding and playing on my trip
sad-1.png
, Daventry sounds a better bet.

Which one is going to get shopped? You bet I will come over when I am back, don't go on holiday again, I had to go to Swavesey and Rav's house to get my fix.
rolleyes-1.gif

The echidna appears to be an interesting animal. :eek:

Look at the grin on it's face, I guess that comes from having a four headed fellow.

It's like a washing up glove. Lady echidnas, by the way, 'only' have two-tubed vajayjays so he gets to either service two of them or get his own sloppy seconds.

It's Rocky & Bullwinkle that's getting the facial.

Thanks for the ramp flap tips, gonna hafta google what a scotchbrite pad is first though.

Be aware , If you do use Scotch pads these will remove the bluing on the ramp flap. :eek:

Be aware , If you do use Scotch pads these will remove the bluing on the ramp flap.

Am I right in thinking that the bluing is the same stuff they put on guns and it protects the metal from corrosion? Do this not being there in the home environment make much difference as long as you keep your games clean?

Yes you are spot on.

And you can buy it fron gun shops to re-apply it.

Personally I like the Stainless Steel one's that are on later Machines.

I saw Poibug use WD40 on an RFM flap with great success

This got me thinking.....how about using Coca Cola? You'd have to clean with something else after to get the residue off but Coke is great on rust....I used it to get a wheel off an Austin Metro once that had rusted to the hub
biggrin-1.png
Has anyone ever tried this?

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1696378 said:
This got me thinking.....how about using Coca Cola? You'd have to clean with something else after to get the residue off but Coke is great on rust....I used it to get a wheel off an Austin Metro once that had rusted to the hub
biggrin-1.png
Has anyone ever tried this?

Never heard of that before. Knew it was good on cleaning but removing rust and loosening rusted nuts, a new one on me.

Vinegar is pretty good on rust too. Just soaked a load of rusty old bolts overnight and the rust just wipes off afterwards. Stinks pretty bad though!

What is usually used on guns is REALLY fine wire wool and WD40. Gently rub in the direction of the grain of the steel. DON'T go round in circles. Then wipe down.

If you can do it lightly enough you will remove the rust and glide over the top of the bluing.

Back
Top Bottom