What's new

R&B Not starting :( Help please :)

Mark

Registered
Hi guys,

My R&B has been folded up for a couple of months, but now I have set it up I'm having an odd problem I'm hoping someone can help with!

It was stored properly, no battery leak, etc so I don't think that is anything to worry about.

Anyway, when I switch on the GI comes on immediately but nothing else (no DMD, no controlled lamps etc). However, when it has been on for a few minutes it starts up no problem and from that point it plays fine!

Sometimes it works as soon as it is switched on, but mostly it is doing the above.

When it is working, everything works perfectly and the game does not reset etc. The only thing I've done is replace J5 as this GI connector was burned, however this problem also happened before I did this so I don't think I've caused it.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should check first?

Thanks in advance, Mark

No floods in north Devon at the mo surprisingly. Surprised braunton hasn't flooded again because the council still haven't fixed their cock up which caused it to flood last time

I hope it doesn't flood. I'm off on Hols to croyde soon!
Sorry to hijack your thread mark. I trust Andy gave you sound advice on the yahoo group

I was gonna say a cap,and as the legend thinks that,I am chuffed that I must have guessed right!

I hope it doesn't flood. I'm off on Hols to croyde soon!
Sorry to hijack your thread mark. I trust Andy gave you sound advice on the yahoo group

Not far from me, no flooding there as far as I know. If you get bored the lack of pins feel free to pop in for a few games firepower may even be alive by then

Thanks guys, yes Andy thanks for the advice on the other group - I wasn't sure if my post on here worked!

If you stock those caps I will add a few on my next order, but in the meantime is there a way to check the existing cap with a DMM?

Thanks again :)

Mark

Thanks Andy, make sense :)

Did a bit more investigation tonight and double checked my earlier findings. On switch on the 5v test point shows barely 4v. This creeps up slowly, and when it gets to around 4.8v after a few minutes, the game starts.

I've attached a few pics of the area, however will definitely try replacing C2 if that might make a difference.

20140214_205457.jpg 20140214_205644.jpg 20140214_205653.jpg 20140214_205715.jpg

Is there anything else in that area it could be, so I can order any other parts at the same time in case they're needed?

Thanks again, Mark

C2 and the one next to it for sure.

Save yourself future problems and change all the caps whilst you're at it, you're looking at like a fiver for the parts required.

Back
Top Bottom