What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick help :-)

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Was testing a pin before we remove the head. The machine is powered off now. But unsure where the balls are held. Ok to move it upstairs with the balls in the machine or should we remove the balls?

There is a coil under the play field that you can manually active to kick out the balls one at a time to the shooter lane. Other quick way is to push a small cloth in the hole below the flippers and in the hole that feeds the shooter lane to stops the ball falling out

Hi, Kenny,

If the game still has the head on, then (assuming it's an solid state game) you could put it into the solenoid test and have it serve out the balls; either let it cycle through all the coils (no alternative on early Bally and Stern games) or select the ball feeder and pick up the balls as they're ejected into the shooter lane. The trough used on FirePower & later Williams games allows the feeder to easily be operated manually. Later Bally/Williams 'Wpc' games actually have a test sequence called 'Empty Balls', which clears however many balls the machine uses from wherever they are, such as the subway system on Star Trek Next Gen. This facility was probably put in due to the difficulty of manually operating the optic-sensor trough.

Unfortunately I've now taken the head off it.. So will need to do it manually ? It's on a TZ?

If balls are in trough you can manually move the kicker arm to kick them into the shooter lane. Or just shove a rag in the shooter lane to stop them tumbling out. As its TZ there may be one locked in the slot machine or the Robot lane - but these shouldn't cause any issues. In all honesty it will probably be fine, whilst always a good move to take them out I have moved a bunch of machines with balls in situ with no problems.

You need @Onze and @Wizcat to move a TZ up a set of stairs correctly :clap:
To be honest, you really just need an Onze :p

If you've took the head off, you may as well take the playfield out of the cab too. You might be able to manage solo then... If you've had your three shredded wheat.

TBH I'm a bit stuck with choice of friends that can help me lift the TZ upstairs..The search continues..lol

You are probably selling it wrong. Ask your mates if they want to come around and see your new pinball machine, then when they arrive tell them its moving upstairs before it gets switched on..

Surely there are guys on here nearby ? Coffee and a few games as payment for helping

Ok here's my latest. Given up on using the room upstairs as a man cave/pinball room :-( maybe shouldn't have moved the TZ first which is the heaviest machine out there. Gonna sort out the garage and put some rubber flooring down and put a few in there. Not ideal but probably best..

If its really hard to move up and down stairs you could always split it in to 2 or 3 parts: Cab, Head & Playfield!

Back
Top Bottom