What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Creech hologram

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
I'm in the middle of stripping down my Creech and took the hologram out of the game today which has led me to this question.......how do you know if the hologram is shot?

Playing the game before i started taking it to bits I'd assumed the holo was completely gone as it never appeared during gameplay. When I got it out of the game today, I took it into the kitchen and if I stand under the light and move the holo about at certain angles I can see the creature, in green and looking really good and detailed. I also got the same effect by shining an LED torch at it from certain angles. Do shot holograms behave like this or does it mean mine is actually ok and there's some other reason it wasn't working in the game?

Out of the game I can only see the Creech at certain viewing angles but I would have thought if a holo goes bad then you can't see anything at any angle....can someone who knows more about this enlighten me please :)

Sounds like you need a halogen light upgrade. That's should bring life back to the hologram.
It sounds like it should be ok but only installed and a good light on it also check the mirror is putting the light onto the hologram.

Nice one Daz, games going to be in bits for a little while but I'll have to play with it when I get things back together. Is there much adjustment in it? I can see there's a motor that makes the mirror move and something else (another motor?) on the back of the holo bracket....don't know what this does though?

I assume the bulb part is just a lightbulb in a tube to focus it towards the mirror?

other motor flexes the hologram to animate it. Mine is fairly blue but still visible enough in game play (once you find her in multi ball)

The bulb is mounted on the base of the pin near the back inside a wee box with a side missing sort of holder

The motor that flexes the hologram makes Creech look like he is swiping at you.
I bought an upgrade lamp going spare from Dave Bishop so have one if you need it.

I am not 100% sure why it is an upgrade and haven't compared it yet. It might just be a newer designed halogen, I only bought it because I like having spare parts.

that night moves looks interesting

This is good to know, I'm hoping that fact I can see mine when I took it out of the game means it's ok and I got myself a bargain Creech :D

Back
Top Bottom