What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS4 VR Headset

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Thought I'd treat myself to a PS4 VR headset. Got a good deal on a Amazon return. Hooked it up last nite and TBH wasn't that impressed by the visuals. Only played RE7 on it. Granted peering round door ways etc is pretty good. But the visuals are too grainy and far too many bloody cables. Reckon it's getting returned. Anyone else bought one and been disappointed ?

Not bought yet - sat on the fence and whilst tempted i'm struggling to justify the expenditure given that there's probably 3 or 4 games that I really want to play on it.

Vive is best of the bunch so far. VR won't be mainstream until it's wifi HDMI and the tech is too expensive right now. Whilst the GEAR VR is lowest rez, it works well because it's wireless. I've got the PS4 VR just to check it out since I'm in the games industry and I've not really bothered to pick it up, I got Farpoint and the gun thing too, but been too busy to have a look. Resigned to a dusty peripheral I'm afraid. Movement doesn't work well in VR and that sucks for most games unless you are in a fixed spot.

A friend of mine was very vocal about how good Farpoint and Resident Evil were, but I can't justify a £300+ peripheral for such a limited software library.

And I think that part of the reason that the Vive works so well is because it has the lighthouse setup which means you can move about; presuming you have sufficient space of course. I've seen the Vive at various expos and it looks fab, but it's not really practical for most UK homes. Unless you live in a mansion of course. :)

Well I have on and although it has its limitations for the most part I love it. I run it on a PS Pro so maybe that helps a little but I thought Res evil and especially Farpoint were fantastic.
My mate is selling his as no matter how much he tries to get into it, whenever he takes it off, for an hour after he feels like he wants to puke.
If anyone want to dip there toe in he wants £275 for the VR headset, inc camera, 2 move controllers and a couple of games or £400 including a ps4.
msg me and I will pass you on and sorry to hijack the thread by mentioning this for sale item.

Back
Top Bottom