What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prox board for MB or repair tips?

Judge Dreads

Site Supporter
New or old, this was disabled when I got my MB, the resistor was just hanging down and was not located underneath the RHS flipper in the pf recess, there is an intermittent fault on one of the boards, swapped the boards across to eliminate resistor and wiring etc, fault moves location = board itself, chip reseating maybe?? LED stays flashing after boot up. Does anyone have a spare board they want to part with, can anyone recommend a fix, know the cheapest place to get a replacement, are they used on other games, STTNG? Cheers Andy

Seem to be working now, swapped them again, reseated the chip on dodgy one, fingers crossed, don't you just hate intermittent faults Grr:mad: MB is alive and kicking, jury is out so far :confused:

Well I haven't given it the Billy Bob dry hump treatment as much as I did the BOP when I 1st got that, maybe that was the cab art helping a bit
biggrin-1.png
, MB just seems a bit random at the moment, considering I know the pf like the back of my hand it still seems to take a bit of getting used to, seems to rely on a lot of modes to keep your interest where other games rely on something else...........maybe it takes time to bond although the 1st impression is mmmmmmmmm

If the board is anything like the ones on your TOM then try...

Changing the potentiometer...

Reflow all the solder points...

Change every component as there aren't that many and all are available.

Cheers.

Cheers, info may come in handy for someone else, there is no pot on this one like the TOM, I think it relies on positioning of the resistor in the recess on the underside of the pf, saying that there is little scope for adjustment within that recess.

Back
Top Bottom