What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project Cars 2

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Loving this. The handling model has been refined to the extent that it takes into account the rubber moving about on the rim.
As a result the handling is fantastic. Much better than the foist game.

Can't begin to tell you how much I am loving this game. So much so I am going to invest in a decent wheel.

Are you playing it in VR?
No VR on PS4 mate. :(
Going to sell the PSVR and buy a gaming PC later in the year just to play this game in VR.
PlayStation have hamstrung the PSVR by insisting on all games running on both console versions.

No VR on PS4 mate. :(
Going to sell the PSVR and buy a gaming PC later in the year just to play this game in VR.
PlayStation have hamstrung the PSVR by insisting on all games running on both console versions.

Ahh I didn't realise it wasn't on PSVR. Hopefully they'll change that policy before people start selling.

Ahh I didn't realise it wasn't on PSVR. Hopefully they'll change that policy before people start selling.
Yeah it's a shame because the PSVR is a canny piece of kit but the original PS4 just doesn't have the oomph needed to run high graphic demanding games.
Apparently the PS4 Pro could do it but Sony will not allow developers to release PS4 Pro only games. I understand their sentiment but it is going to mean that PSVR is going to get left behind as players see what is coming out for the Rift and Vive.

Yeah it's a shame because the PSVR is a canny piece of kit but the original PS4 just doesn't have the oomph needed to run high graphic demanding games.
Apparently the PS4 Pro could do it but Sony will not allow developers to release PS4 Pro only games. I understand their sentiment but it is going to mean that PSVR is going to get left behind as players see what is coming out for the Rift and Vive.

I can't really say too much about it unfortunately.

Running at 100% AI and 90% aggression. Still winning. Might have to 'overclock' the AI (it goes to 120%).

So many bugs in this game Stern must have programmed it!

Still, the on track racing is decent enough

Got it for PC. Loving the Nordschleife time trial in the Formula X. Currently 6th with a time of 5:22. Reaaaally obsessed with it in fact...lolz.

The setup bug not saving properly is super annoying however.

Project Cars is incredible. GT used to be my series of choice as it appeals to the car enthusiast in me with the excessive amounts of history and models, but GT Sport would need to take an absolute quantum leap in improving the drive quality to match Project Cars.

I was going to invest in a top end wheel + pedal setup for my gaming PC, at least until I got my pin... lol

Ooo got 2nd place on nordschleife last night. 5:19. Trusty old G25 wheel doing the job. :thumbs:

Project Cars is incredible. GT used to be my series of choice as it appeals to the car enthusiast in me with the excessive amounts of history and models, but GT Sport would need to take an absolute quantum leap in improving the drive quality to match Project Cars.

I was going to invest in a top end wheel + pedal setup for my gaming PC, at least until I got my pin... lol
It's worse for me. I want to play it in VR. I am going to need a top end PC, wheel, wheel stand, and Occulus Rift. Not much change out of £2k I reckon. :(

I'd recommend the Vive over the Rift. I have all three. They all have their pros and cons.

I'd read that the Rift is better for racing games.

For racing games, yeah maybe. If you're only interested in racing games then it could be the better buy. For all other VR experiences the Vive wins hands down. Plus the upcoming Vive Trackers (which I already have) will soon bring full body tracking.

My experience Vive v Rift is its horses for courses.

Software wise, for me Rift wins hands down as you get all the Steam games plus the exclusives.

Both are truly mind blowing though. With a decent PC, both are a step up from PSVR.

I found that the Rift software would power down into sleep mode and be very difficult to wake up if I was working in Unreal, started to really get on my nerves. Probably not an issue for consumers. For me the Vive just feels like a much more polished all round kit. Only downside is that it's by far the least comfortable and heaviest of the three to wear.

Back
Top Bottom