What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing Covers for CD Boxes

DRD

Registered
Does anyone know a time efficient way of printing these please ? Is there perhaps some free software ? Or some site that has downloadable artwork ?

I tossed all my cd boxes out years ago when I lived in a flat, but kept the original cds

I need to print 100 of the things for the CD jukebox that I picked up from @mark9

image.jpeg
Thanks

I've not printed anything like that for ages but I used to use a free tool called CoversXP.

Might be worth a look. No idea if it does batch printing though :-(

Edit: It says command line features so it should be possible to automate. If you're not up for the job and want a hand let me know; I can probably knock up a script in vbScript or PowerShell that will do the job for you based on just providing the path to a directory which has all the cover files in.

It'll be fun, David, you'll enjoy it. Just do one or two day while listening to it afresh.

Google image search the album cover and choose the highest resolution image, and another one of the track listing. Stick all these images in a folder on your desktop. When you have them all, drag them into a word file, right click and edit the image size so they're all the same.

Then print them out at work on a good printer while nobody around. Cut them out, laminate them, done.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170214_bf6a61fab5c3cd892af60cbde2e88a4d.jpg

Thanks for the advice chaps.

The jukebox takes a full size cd box picture plus a skinny (originally typed) track listing about 50mm wide. You put these two in a special acetate sleeve with a divider. So you have to use two pieces of paper per cd

The teack listings do not really trouble me. It will be repetitive and boring, but not too bad. It will probably be possible to set up a powerpoint presentation with correctly sized text boxes, print out in a4. Copy and paste track listings from amazon or similar digital source. Format. Scalpel the sheets on a suitable board. I would think you will get 5 or 6 on a sheet of A4. One horizontal cut, say 6 verticals per sheet.

Sizing all the cd covers feels like it could be a nightmare though, depending on how user friendly the source is, whether the source has the correct proportions. How good the resolution is. 2 cd covers per sheet, 2 horizontal cuts, 4 verticals. My luddite way would again be to use powerpoint and snap the pictures to gridlines to size them correctly.

I know microsoft office but I do not know fancy IT stuff. I have written and worked on hundreds of ppt presentations over the years. It is something of a swiss army knife when it comes to printing stuff.

I would put money on it being possible to automate pretty much everything when it comes to the printing.

But then maybe i'm just up for a challenge; I work in IT on a day-to-day basis with experience as both a tech and developer. :)

Also you will find basically all of the track listings online to save you having to type them in

This is true for actual CDs but a lot of mine are custom compilations.
You gotta do this if you dont want any filler tracks.

Does anybody operate a juke box in pubic?
I'd love to see the breakdown of how many songs off each CD get played.
People always seem to put on the same songs.

This is true for actual CDs but a lot of mine are custom compilations.
You gotta do this if you dont want any filler tracks.

Does anybody operate a juke box in pubic?
I'd love to see the breakdown of how many songs off each CD get played.
People always seem to put on the same songs.

Aye obviously only of use for commercially available CDs :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom