Printing a Translite

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
Hi all,

Anyone know of a company that can do this in the UK? I am looking at having a friend who is a graphic designer knock up one for my WPT - anything would be better than what they have on already :p

Cheers,
James

Moonbus

Feb 21, 2017
Forest Hill
Hi all,

Anyone know of a company that can do this in the UK? I am looking at having a friend who is a graphic designer knock up one for my WPT - anything would be better than what they have on already :p

Cheers,
James
I have done ultra cheep. I scanned the back glass, filled in the missing bits and then got it printed onto the stuff McDonald's use for their over counter menu signage. About £10 all in.

I just dug it out and stuck it on the fish tank to back light. One pic with flash so you can see it unlit. It needs some work but is better then what I got with machine.
IMG_20181118_202837126.jpg
IMG_20181118_202931426.jpg

Reactions: Jb3d

Moonbus

Feb 21, 2017
Forest Hill
Over a year ago, it was over the internet through a signage company. I'll trawl through my emails tomorrow and see if I can dig up anything.

Reactions: James

Cmor111

Apr 30, 2015
Stirling
Hi all,

Cheers,
James
Give @PeteB of Retro Refurbs shout, he should be able to help you out.

Reactions: Pinoffski
OP
OP
James

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
Thanks all - let’s see what my friend puts together and if it’s worth printing :p

chris platt

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2014
north west
james ,just go into any street sign or print shop, they are normally really helpful giving advise on what they do or direct you to some company local who does I find .theres a sign making shop in most local towns etc

Reactions: James
OP
OP
James

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
james ,just go into any street sign or print shop, they are normally really helpful giving advise on what they do or direct you to some company local who does I find .theres a sign making shop in most local towns etc
Yep will do for sure on first run - I’ve seen some crazy DPI on backlit medium at very low pricing - so makes sense to go that way...

chris platt

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2014
north west
When you used it for a backglass @Moonbus did you put a separate mask behind it?
im sure someone on here or the sign company would be able to advise but when I get stickers /decals done they are printed on white sticky film, i sometimes get free offcuts to mask areas that are back lit on the playfield so they don't get too transparent .if cant get this element of the translate sorted you could also get them to sell you some the same size as the translate and cover the rear ,im sure you can get a more professional solution but its a thought

Reactions: astyy