What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power up blows house breaker

darren_ross

Registered
Doesn't happen every time the machine is powered up. I'd say 1/10 but only on the one machine. Could this just be the surge in power tripping the breaker?

@mark9, can you remember why the Creech you borrowed from me did this to your house breaker a couple of years ago?

if i remember correctly you can use a motor rated MCB due to the size of transformer in the machines @Biff could explain this better than me. My Data East machines can do it especially if you turn them off and on again.

It's a bugger as i keep having to reset my bedside alarm clock.
None of the other machines I've had have done this. It's a converted Spanish machine. Don't know if that would make a difference at all.

@mark9, can you remember why the Creech you borrowed from me did this to your house breaker a couple of years ago?
Yes the earth strap was touching the live contact on the power on switch under the cover :eek: ( tripping the earth leakage.)

Back
Top Bottom