What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible future purchase

Lomdonlad5uk

Registered
Afternoon all :), have my eye on cirque Voltaire as next machine (little way of yet have to raise the funds) but am aware that these are quite pricey machines and that they are meant to be a bit rare so how often do these pop up and has anyone here any opinions on the machine itself ? Have played the pinball arcade version and find it great game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good game but haven't seen one for sale in ages. Expect to pay north of £3.5K if you can find one :thumbs:

Generally well-liked machine. Although I've never found the love for it enough to want it at home myself, I'll still enjoy a few games at a show or when playing someone else's collection. Arcade Club has one in at the mo so that's enough for me.

Not seen many for sale on the open market (i.e on here or flea-bay) in the last year I don't think, but these things seem to go in cycles.

Sticking a wanted ad up in the For Sale section can't hurt once you've got the cash saved.

If you want to play one in the flesh, there is one on location at Chiswick Chief Coffee.
Lovely looking game, good fun, but quite easy to reach wizard mode. Might get old fast.
You are probably looking at £4-5k for a good example.

Thanks for replies all , yeah doesn't seem to be around very often only place I have seen one is homeleisuredirect but they want over 5 and a half grand which is ummm well high?:) , cheers for location Chris may have to go take a look see and play in the flesh as I know the real machines play so different to pinball arcade as I found out with my sttng :)

When I brought mine (probably 8-9 years ago) they seemed really unloved, people used to go on about the lurid colours, boring, repetitive etc, I could never understand it as it looked great and was fun. There weren't all that many made compared with a lot of games of the era either. I also loved the fact once you got to "join the Cirqus" you were expecting the wizard mode but there were another 3 levels to go through, great game.

If you are ever down this way you are welcome to beer and CV :)

Yeah I was reading some comments on this machine elsewhere and it didn't seem to to get much loving but from what I can see it looks like a gem and seems fun so defo on my 2nd pin list :), cheers Matt beer n cv sounds superb :).
How is it to maintain is it as bad as sttng can be (touch wood mine has been reliable so far apart from trough board replaced as usual ) I would imagine the ringmaster may be one that goes wrong often?

In all that time I have only had a switch on the ramp fail and once the ringmaster bent a switch so didn't know where to stop, apart from that I have never had a moments trouble. STTNG is one of the worst machines I have found to strip down, it doesn't look too complicated from the top but under the playfield :eek:

Yeah I need to replace the alpha ramp as its well and truly knackered and was thinking about stripping it to give full on cleanup at same time but being a bit of a noob to the pinball world I'm a bit hesitant too not break things well at least until I have a 2nd machine to play on first :)

I agree with @Matt Adams - love the game and the theme....nothing wrong with some bright vivid colours if you ask me! Mine would be the last to leave....but welcome to drop by and play it any time.

Not many seem to come up for sale these days.....i'd guess on pricing around the 3.5k-4k figure.

Always been on my wants list as well. Come really close twice to getting one but guzumped both times.
Closest I have got is a poster on the wall :rofl:
Never mind, if the TAF doesn't grow on me may use it as trade fodder later this year.

Taf is a well regarded machine too isn't it (up there price wise too) so if you don't get on with it I'm sure a cv could be in your future very soon :) , I haven't even got the poster yet lol so u have more than me :). Am moving soon so if all goes well I may have some spare cash for a nice cv which I think will look nice next to sttng :) not told missus yet though I'll wait till closer the time to drop that one

Back
Top Bottom