What's new

pop bumper switch stacks

RudeDogg1

Site Supporter
so I bought new switch stacks for the pop bumpers even tho they are the correct part num and have the right number of leafs they only have 4 connection tabs at the end where as the orginal ones had 2 at the side to. How should I connect them up because all tabs are used on mine?

If it's anything like the ones on the kickers at the bottom of the pf, there's two types.... From what i remember from memory the extra tabs done connect to anything leaf-wise as such, they provide a tab to allow the other end of the Diode's to connect to - meaning another wire can connect to these...

Oh so it doesn't really matter what ones the diode connects to?

What about this one it has 3 on :0/ ment to be like it?

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_03_20_vy9ygy3a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Rudi. The jet bumper switch blocks are meant to be like that. There are actually two separate switches; the one nearest the bracket/playfield is a 'special' switch, which simply switches the coil transistor on via some SSI logic. The resistor and capacitor are used to improve the sensitivity.

The second switch, furthest from the playfield, is the only one of the two connected into the game's switch matrix. It provides the score, generates a sound, etc. On that one, the diode is critical - the white w/trace wire has to connect to the plain end of the diode, as in the picture.

If the switch blocks you've bought don't have the two 'dead lugs' at the side, there's something wrong.

I have managed to order some of the original stacks from oz (the only place that still stocks the un plastic ones) they are right handed instead of left but ill just disassemble and flip the tabs. Just need to wait for andy to come back so I can get some bits off him

Back
Top Bottom