What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pool table

Andy Hancock

Site Supporter
I'm looking for a second hand pool table (maybe reconditioned) for my mancave . I know I know pin space etc !

Knowing how eBay and pinball works (or not) is putting me off eBay for this

Anyone bought from a dealer either new or reconditioned and can recommend?

Cheers
Andy

I'm looking for a second hand pool table (maybe reconditioned) for my mancave . I know I know pin space etc !

Knowing how eBay and pinball works (or not) is putting me off eBay for this

Anyone bought from a dealer either new or reconditioned and can recommend?

Cheers
Andy
I picked up a mint Sam Atlantic pool table from a snooker dealer on eBay, someone had part ex'd it for a snooker table, thing I paid £650 it's a £2.5 k table they use it in the UK championships, lovely table and was a steal, there's some real bargains on eBay with pool tables as no one seems to want them, shame can't be said about pinball machines!! I remember when 2 grand would have bought a room full of pins :'(

Pool tables and dart boards are dying out fast in pubs. My village pub had both and competed in leagues. Not any longer, it is all about food and covers.

A pub in the next village even has its pool table on free play. Kids just mess with smartphones now, they are used to free apps, free games etc

Folk might buy multiple Pinball machines, they only buy one pool table. So when you flog a pool table the buyer may not know how to, or have the means to move it

So bargains should be had.

I love playing pool. I have no space at the moment although I do own a pool table. My mate moved into a new house and there was a proper pub one left in the garage. He gave it to me for nothing. So it's currently stored at my parents until I have a space.

Unlike pinball tables, pool tables couldn't be simpler to inspect and test. I used to have a Superleague as I always liked that 80's styling. All you really need to check is the state of the felt, the bounce of the cushions, that the wooden frame has no rot, the slate is true and the mech works. I got rid of mine after a year because it became a lot of dead space in a room. Pool isn't a very fun single player game, unlike pinball. Oh and check your room is big enough, nothing worse than cueing into the walls.

@mark9 sorted me out with a super league table and I couldn't be happier . Exactly what I wanted . More popular with kids and guests in my mancave than the pins but gets non pinheads on the pins while they're sitting out winner stays on

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom