What's new

Playfield slides on a wh2o

newdos

Site Supporter
Alias
Newdos
Hi guys can anyone show me a picture of their white water playfield slides? The one I have just bought is a swine to get the playfield out and I'm sure something is wrong/missing. Is it correct the playfield just slides on bits of ply inside the cab on these if so what are the metal sprung hooks for on the playfield?

Cheers Kev

Shouldn't slide on wood should be a metal bracket either side of the cab with a little metal barrel type thing with a slot in

So when you first lift the playfield and pull forward what is it sliding on and should lock onto the barrels before lifting up and tilting back onto the head?

it's sat on the metal rails.... and yes, it locks into both barrels before lifting, tho sometimes that can be difficult!! it doesnt sit on the wood at all....

HOWEVER

I think mine might have been sat on the wood rails for a while before i got it, since the wooden rails were completely trashed and needed to be replaced!

They will more than likely to be bent out of shape and may even be missing the springs.
Have a 'look and let us know.

Yeah something is not right will my ft use exactly the same mechs?

Anyone got a pic of the rails,off a machine really wonder if something is badly bent?
Should there be two lots of the barrel nuts on each side as well? As again looks like they are missing?
I would look at my ft at this point but I am at work!! Oops!!

Kev

I rem when my shadow arrived I couldn't work out why it was a pain in that **** to lift the pf the barrel on one side had unscrewed

Anyone got a pic of the rails,off a machine really wonder if something is badly bent?
Should there be two lots of the barrel nuts on each side as well? As again looks like they are missing?
I would look at my ft at this point but I am at work!! Oops!!

Kev
Pictures out of machine.
P_20140414_170708.jpg P_20140414_170742.jpg

Nice one Daz I have just took them off the machine they are well bent on the u shaped end about 20 degrees so just straightening them now!!

Don't suppose anyone has got a couple of barrel nuts that are missing as well ?

Cheers Kev

Mine had exactly that, so would make sense.... they're quite a pig to bend, so ended up using a vice and the length of them to bend them back....

Nice one Daz I have just took them off the machine they are well bent on the u shaped end about 20 degrees so just straightening them now!!

Don't suppose anyone has got a couple of barrel nuts that are missing as well ?

Cheers Kev

Andy n prob sells em

Slides now straightened a lot of huffing and puffing and vice bending !!! even better found the barrel nuts hidden under a cable loom so now the playfield slides in and out perfectly and locks in the upright position against the backbox!!!

Next problem !!! big foot don't move the motor and gearbox is fine - does anyone know what voltages to expect on the motor board form the power board., The board looks fine by the way no leaky caps or any signs of corrosion

Not sure if I should start a new topic for each issue here but as there are so many of you chipping in thought I might as well just add it here

Cheers Kev

Haven't double checked this for WW but motors often share the flasher voltage. Run flasher test and if not working replace flasher fuse.

Haven't double checked this for WW but motors often share the flasher voltage. Run flasher test and if not working replace flasher fuse.
Andy it is a bi directional motor board run off two solenoid connection son the power board one is the ENABLE line and the other is labelled DRIVER UP/DWN guess that is for clockwise or anticlockwise. The big foot test in the test menu lets you go either way but nothing happens. The 12v LED is on, on the motor board. Not suere what should be coming out of the power board to the motor board?

Cheers Kev

Manual says J122 pins 1 and 2 solenoids 25 and 26(low power ones) so should that be putting 50volts to the board ???

The two inputs are switched grounds. So grounding the enable should turn the motor on, and grounding the other input should reverse direction.

The two inputs are switched grounds. So grounding the enable should turn the motor on, and grounding the other input should reverse direction.
Thanks Andy I will try that tonight do you need to ground them separately or both together to reverse it?

Cheers KevKev

Thanks Andy will update you later. Guess if it works it s the power board and if it doesn't it's the motor board

Cheers Kev

Ps you going to the slam will need some bits!!!

Don't have a WH20 diagram to look at but presumably the grounding is done much like a solenoid, i.e. through a Darlington pair. It's probably just a TIP36C which are about 80p each.

OK so a recap here. Motor works ok, 12v dc led is on motor board. I have grounded pin 1 then 1&2 together and nothing. I have metered pin 1 & 2 and when motor isn't(or shouldn't) running both are at 13v When I test the motor one way one pin drops to 0v and when I reverse it both drop to 0v but not a tweet outta bigfoot, so I guess it is the motor board. as it doesn't go wither way is it more likely to be the LM339 than a tranny ??? or as the enable line going low doesn't make it run and that doesn't seem to rely on the LM339 (if i'm reading the drawing right) is it something else like Q3??? Any other points I can meter out on the board ?

All help appreciated

Cheers Kev

Back
Top Bottom