What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playfield Removal

Not sure what they are called but as they support the playfield it will have to come out.

Why do people keep saying it takes two people to do this stuff when we have video evidence of people doing it on there own backed up by people from this forum saying they have done it on their own? :cool: Go watch Tatty Adam's videos and you will see him do it on his own too. OK, bad example as I know he is hard as nails and eats Taliban fighters for breakfast.:rolleyes:

Take the legs off as it is easier to lift this sort of weight when you are not already starting at head height with you lifting point.
We're not all as buff as you Cal x

This is a good thred because I just ordered a rigth side side rail as mine is all bent on myn AFM. Can it be replaced without taking the playfield out completely?

This is 1 job that I have not yet done on a machine. So any pointers would be a plus.

Cheers Dave
Yes you can. Need to have everything to hand. Raise the playfield to the vertical without pulling it forward , then it will rest on the ledges. Carefully shimmy it forwards on the ledges until you can rest it against the back box, or prop the playfield with a broom handle.

Not sure what they are called but as they support the playfield it will have to come out.

Why do people keep saying it takes two people to do this stuff when we have video evidence of people doing it on there own backed up by people from this forum saying they have done it on their own? :cool: Go watch Tatty Adam's videos and you will see him do it on his own too. OK, bad example as I know he is hard as nails and eats Taliban fighters for breakfast.:rolleyes:

Take the legs off as it is easier to lift this sort of weight when you are not already starting at head height with you lifting point.

Lifting a (very heavy) populated playfield on your own can be done, buy with the loom trailing behind what if you snag wires on the way out?

Also playfields don't always have a flat side where you can put it down once out. There are often wires/motors etc. on the back so you need to plan how you're going to put it down before starting!

I've took a playfield out on my own. It was fairly stripped down first mind.

Guess it depends on the game though as well. Something like STTNG would be like three or four times the weight of something like Gorgar.

You don't need to take the playfield out to get a pin upstairs. Once the head is off they are lightweight.

Back
Top Bottom