What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

playfield-protectors.com

Dubi

Registered
Has anybody used this company for protectors? I ordered a set for my Beatles pin. They didn't look too enticing in the way they were packaged (unneatly taped down on a cardboard piece), but that's by and by. However, of the first pair I went to use, one has milky marks caused by some substance and which won't be removed by safe cleaning fluids, whilst the other (upper left loop set) doesn't fit due to the plastic being too wide where the spinner sits. (Hard to capture with one hand trying to hold and operate the cam for a photo).

I've advised the company and wait for their response, but very disappointed as it stands.

IMG_2191.jpgIMG_2184.jpg

Has anybody used this company for protectors? I ordered a set for my Beatles pin. They didn't look too enticing in the way they were packaged (unneatly taped down on a cardboard piece), but that's by and by. However, of the first pair I went to use, one has milky marks caused by some substance and which won't be removed by safe cleaning fluids, whilst the other (upper left loop set) doesn't fit due to the plastic being too wide where the spinner sits. (Hard to capture with one hand trying to hold and operate the cam for a photo).

I've advised the company and wait for their response, but very disappointed as it stands.

View attachment 126132View attachment 126133
See @Colywobbles for all your protectors 😀

I did see it mentioned but wasn't too sure whether he was in the business or hobby of doing so, and if the latter then I felt a bit awkward in approaching. But I need to get my money back from the current lot first! :confused:. I've ordered hundreds of items over the years, 99% without issues, but this is one of the rare times when I simply want the money refunded. It's really poor QC.

Just unwrapped a third peice, which also has an issue. And not having much in the way of agreement from the supplier to stand the return and outward international postage costs.

IMG_2194.JPG

Indeed. In this case PayPal. Never used a dispute resolution before but I can sense there's going to be an issue here, so having given the company (run by a guy called sebastian) a further polite challenge and received no response I've raised it through Paypal. I may only get the outward postage costs back if I return the items, but let's see. Frustrating - probably the first time ever regards online shopping that I've had an issue such as this. Won't unwrap any of the others, pending their return, plus I'll probably be even more depressed at what I find!!

Hope the pin is keeping you amused :)

Like you have now discovered @Colywobbles is Mr Protectors on here, it may be an idea if you are unsure about anything to drop me a quick message across - could of saved you a lot of issues.

Oh - Col does nice coloured plastics as well.

Hiya Phil, the pin is in equal measure keeping me amused (pb scores) and frustrated (every ball seems to go down the drain)! I have a feeling that this is not going to be my first and last pin (oh gawd, addicted already), so we may have to shift one of the sofas from the back room when you deliver the next one...

In retrospect, regardless of the current predicament, I should have dropped a note on here or sent you a line - a bit daft that I didn't really. But message received, Col for protectors and plastics!

Colin’s customer service is impeccable, he’s both a pinball fan and a perfectionist. The quality of his products are better than pretty much all I’ve seen in Europe. Hence why we are going to have them on the Pinball Bazaar. Get in touch with directly though if you want something for your Beatles, @Colywobbles will see you right.

Back
Top Bottom